Barney Riley June 9-10 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Don't you guys know that the only perfect people in the outdoors are the ones that view it from their tv or computer, everyone else is a pig. Like spressodan has said, it doesn't seem to matter where you go, you will find someone's trash. Completely unbelievable. While it has gotten better over the years, we (everybody) has a long way to go.

The problem is that not everyone cares or gets on anykind of BB or any other media that promotes tread lightly. The sad truth is that people don't think that what they do is wrong.

Jack

The problem is that not everyone cares or gets on anykind of BB or any other media that promotes tread lightly. The sad truth is that people don't think that what they do is wrong.

Jack

Exactly! One of my favorite spots in Nevada is Knott Creek Reservoir up in a beautiful bowl surrounded by rocky peaks in Northern Nevada. I could start my own toilet paper factory just recycling the paper on the surface. Not to mention beer bottles, etc. This little lake is most frequently used by fishermen/women and hunters...it's too damn far for the typical teenager to go for partying. Although I am a fisherman (not too much lately though :frown:) and a hunter I am embarrassed by the actions (or inaction) of this group most of the time. In fact I think they are probably worse, as a group, than the off-roaders with respect to trashing the natural world.

Exactly! One of my favorite spots in Nevada is Knott Creek Reservoir up in a beautiful bowl surrounded by rocky peaks in Northern Nevada. I could start my own toilet paper factory just recycling the paper on the surface. Not to mention beer bottles, etc. This little lake is most frequently used by fishermen/women and hunters...it's too damn far for the typical teenager to go for partying. Although I am a fisherman (not too much lately though :frown:) and a hunter I am embarrassed by the actions (or inaction) of this group most of the time. In fact I think they are probably worse, as a group, than the off-roaders with respect to trashing the natural world.

But...on the flip side...I like most of us are reluctant to give up what little free time we do have to organize an effort to educate and enable positive change to preserve the very spaces we stand to loose if we do not get organized effectively. But I don't know we really have a choice any longer...

But...on the flip side...I like most of us are reluctant to give up what little free time we do have to organize an effort to educate and enable positive change to preserve the very spaces we stand to loose if we do not get organized effectively. But I don't know we really have a choice any longer...

Aye there lies the rub.

I will hve to agree that there are several good points in everyones argument but the fact remains that if we dont do anything we will lose what the government has taken already and said we can use i do agree that there should be rules ansd regs but if you look at it this way this land belongs to us not the government or anyone else and we need to treat it like its our own and preserve what we have lest Big Brother come and shut it down sorry if i sound like im against the government but that is the facts and no way out of it we do need to help out when we can and do our part in education of all and taking out what we bring in even then we will be blamed for things we dont do cuase thats a fact of life we are all responsible for our actions and if we wait till they get ready to close it its usually a long uphill fight to change their minds and make them understand that its not just the 4wheelers that are at fualt anyway thats all i have to say

Dan:cheers::beer::bounce::bounce2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom