Barney Reilly Trail 8-26-06 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

rusty_tlc

Dain Bramaged Member
Threads
Website
forum.ih8mud.com
Trail: Barney Reilly trail

Date: 8-26-06

Meeting Time:
9:00 am Leave Time: 9:30 am

Meeting Location:
The AM/PM at the north end of Gardnerville on 395

Trail Difficulty: Mostly 1-2 with no problems for longer wheel based rigs.

Additional Equipment needed:
Bring lunch and a camera

Duration of Run:
We should be off the trail around mid-afternoon.

Tread Lightly / CB Channel 3

BBCNN

Just ran BR last Saturday with Campfire. The river crossing was a little over 3' deep (assuming you didn't go left or right of the correct line :D ). This was the first time on this trail...it was a hoot! Campfire, coming back out from the bottom, didn't have a front locker and needed a little assistance from his winch to get up and over.

To bad you can't make it with us this weekend. Good luck with picking up the trailer. Maybe you can bring it to the Sept meeting? I know a few of us are interested in seeing it.

Plans changed...we're going to get the trailer over Labor Day weekend. And yes...I'll bring it to the September meeting.

Hey there gents,
Me and the father in law had a BLAST! It was pretty exciting getting out for ME!
I picked a BAD line and got hung up on my springs. Mark had to come down and stack some rocks to get me out (thanks again Mark). He pointed out an alternate line, that quite frankly....I never would have seen.
That was probably the last run for me for this year, and the work plans for the rig are on HOLD, as our property tax DOUBLED and our mortgage went up 300.00+ as a result! I was so pissed, but now its time to do what I gotta do which is WORK MORE to get ahead. Its the American way I guess.

Thanks again,

Chicago

Glad you guys had fun. To bad you couldn't camp. We crossed the river and sat in the hot springs for a whail later in the evening. One of the guys with a 40' came over and talked Cruiser stuff which thrilled Mrs. Rusty. :rolleyes:
Beauty of a night camping by the river.
I Mrs. Rusty took a few pictures of you in the tough spot, I'll try to post some up later.

After we got down to the river and found that the only way out was the way we came in, I was REALLY wishin we were camping too. The boulder gardens kinda tire you out.
Hey, did 2 fellas in a 60 find you? We saw them coming down from where I got hung up...I think they were mudders, though Im not sure who.
BTW, Mrs. Rust is a very lovely woman. It was a pleasure to meet her finally. I cant wait to get Mrs. Chicago out as She would LOVE it especially if there were another female to talk to while we were discussing cruiser stuff.

Thanks again,

Chicago

Here is the crew after the gate, pretty much on top.
Dscn1683.jpg

Trying to get Chicago moving again.

Dscn1684.jpg

L to right Me, Chicago, and Bbumble40

Must be a county job, three guys looking and nothing getting done.

Never saw the guys in the 60, we may have been down to the hot springs by then.

I'll relay your comments to Mrs R. She enjoyed meeting you and your FIL as well. BTW I enjoyed meeting him too.

Tough news about the project on hold, I'm going to have to check and see what is going on with our property tax, a 2X increase. :eek:

The good news is there is a lot of stuff you can do cheap and a lot of trails that you can do the way you are set up now.

Hey guys, I'm sure glad you guys are getting to enjoy your summer. Well anyways i'm goin to have to put this trail on my list of too do's next summer. It sound like a blast. Sounds like everybody had a good time, sorry I missed it. Anyways fire season is half way over, and when it ends i'll be able to show my face again at a few meetings. See ya later:cheers:

rusty_tlc said:
Here is the crew after the gate, pretty much on top.
Dscn1683.jpg

Trying to get Chicago moving again.

Dscn1684.jpg

L to right Me, Chicago, and Bbumble40

Must be a county job, three guys looking and nothing getting done.

Never saw the guys in the 60, we may have been down to the hot springs by then.

I'll relay your comments to Mrs R. She enjoyed meeting you and your FIL as well. BTW I enjoyed meeting him too.

Tough news about the project on hold, I'm going to have to check and see what is going on with our property tax, a 2X increase. :eek:

The good news is there is a lot of stuff you can do cheap and a lot of trails that you can do the way you are set up now.

Yeah, Rusty...check into the tax thing. We were aghast! It literaly ALMOST DOUBLED by about 300.00 shy of. Itll be alright. Ive gotta put a bit more time in at the hospital. I picked up a couple of graveyard shifts for this weekend for double time!! and some weekend days extra and Ill start taking more call...The bills are covered, but its just there is not much extra going into the "just in case" fund and that is what worried me.
The Mrs. and I have deccided to get more involved in the local govornment here though. Even our mortgage lady was stunned at the increase!

Chicago

jmkfj60 said:
Hey guys, I'm sure glad you guys are getting to enjoy your summer. Well anyways i'm goin to have to put this trail on my list of too do's next summer. It sound like a blast. Sounds like everybody had a good time, sorry I missed it. Anyways fire season is half way over, and when it ends i'll be able to show my face again at a few meetings. See ya later:cheers:
We are looking forward to seeing you.
I hope you have a safe season.
Two years ago we did the trail late in the season and it was stunning. You get fairly high, into some big Aspen groves that are very colorful when the leaves change.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom