Barn Find 74 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@Doc FJ Wow, you hit the jackpot with that beauty! Judging by others efforts and results well documented here in multiple threads in regards to bringing out & preserving the "patina" on these older survivor FJ40's, I bet it would not take much to make that thing shine almost as good as new! It looks extremely well preserved, except for the poor taste white paint on the seat frames, roll bar, and marker lights.

There is a set of FST bows, just the rear part that appears to be missing from your new 40 listed on Facebook Marketplace out of the Hesperia/Apple Valley area. They are asking $1200 and it has been listed for quite a while. It looks like that would complete your soft top frame and allow you to install a new aftermarket FST. It deserves a FST!

Years ago I bought a early bronco that had not ran or been registered on over 7 years.
I went to one of those lost vehicle title company's they attempted to contact the last registered owner. The owner never responded, they then ran a DMV search to make sure it was not stolen. Then they had a new title issued out of Nevada, then transferred that title into a Texas title for me. Took about 3 months and 300 bucks. Apparently there is or at least used to be a loop hole in Nevada, where they could issue a fresh title for a unclaimed vehicle.

This was 15-20 years ago, but might be worth a shot.

Also I'd leave it in original condition and love it for what it is.

register it in Vermont and you will be able to sort the title issue! Google it, works 100%

fantastic find - do not alter it from original, consider it a "patina project"

good luck with the new cruiser and the new house :cheers:

Great find!

No will or anything sheesh. Amazed they havent found at least one long lost family member.

Take it slow get all your ducks in a row. when people start sniffing around and see money they will start looking for reasons to get involved.

Let see the house!!!!

In California you will have a couple of avenues. Make sure the vehicle is noted on the purchase of the property.

You can go lien sale, abandonment, etc. The fact that you own the property now makes things easier. Dig around the property. The title might be there somewhere in a lockbox or cabinet.

Definitely get your documentation in order and notarized. A barn find like that and in that condition is a substantial value.

Wow….. barn find FST with a 8274, white OEM wheels…absolute dream. Clean it up and post more pics!

I have a 350 because both of the F motors I had were done. It wasn’t viable for me to spend $3500-4000, 25 years ago to keep either of them alive.

I’d recommend pouring some oil down each spark plug hole and let it sit for a few days & repeat. Back in ‘95, my 2F was super stiff to turn over. I didn’t soak it, and it smoked when I got it running. Do some research, take some time, and revive it and run it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom