Bare naked cruiser project! What do you think? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
With all the talk about colors and I still can't make up my mind I was thinking just sand off all the paint and clear coat it? Any thoughts on this idea?

Would look sweet, all steel sandpaper swirls under clearcoat :eek: . Hells ya man do it.

My idea was to go get a base of brown, then go muddin to get those natural rooster streaks all over, let mud dry then go with the top coat of different color, let dry clean off mud and voila. Now you never have to go wheelin again and everyone will be like :eek: that thing is hardcore :rolleyes: . No but it would look cool I think. Not practical with painting dynamics I'm sure.

Other idea was to paint rusty patches and primer colored "repair" spots, a little air brushing. Really make it look like a total rust bucket from far, but have a sweet clear coating shine to it up close. That would be the coolest.

Honestly, that might look cool but the logistics might kill you to get it done. With the way cruisers rust, and you wouldn't want any there to start with. An epoxy or self etching primer really helps the adhesive properties of the paint. Without, you might not notice a rock chip in your paint until it looks like a little brown rust spot.

And forget body filler to smooth out the smallest imperfections before you paint it.

All in all though, I do think it would be a really sweet look. Like the old Dalorians... or however you spell it.

Cheers!

Rezarf <><

You understand there is so little rust in AZ I can set a bare peice of metal outside and it won't rust for months! I'm not saying it doesn't happen and in the rainy season it's worse but the fact still remains that the ability to rust here is about 1/10 what it would be in other parts of the country.

The mud idea is really good! I'm thought befor about airbrushing rust and stuff on a car and I like that. Also saw a really cool picture once of a van with a sports car painted on the side. Pretty trippy looking for sure. I'm just looking for some out there ideas!

Rust wise there are no worries though, it's an AZ for life ride so there isn't a speck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom