Banging Noise In Back Of Truck (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I posted this before under this link. I've check both shocks for being loose, I've replaced all stabilizer bushings along with the stabilizer links, removed the spare tire and checked for anything under my truck that could be loose. I just got my buddy to sit in the back of my truck to see if we could narrow down were the noise is coming from. It definitely is coming from the back of the truck right were the tail gate is. The tail gate is definitely not the problem though. What I did find was the body bushing on the passenger side seemed to be ruptured and starting to come out of it's holder were as the one on the driver's side seems to be in pretty good shape. Has anyone ever had any issues with these bushings? I haven't been able to find any information on these bushings in the FSM either.

Passenger Side
Passenger%20side.jpg

Driver Side
Driver%20side.jpg

What other body bushings are you replacing? Where you having any noise issues like mine?

LOL, noise issues? After 18 years in the northeast I'm not sure what's keeping the body on the frame at this point. The body is just about resting on the frame rails in the rear, I have one body mount that is collapsed on the left side, and all the bushings are done.

I was considering doing a 1" body lift at one point and that made me look closely at the mounts. I will pass on the lift as I can run 36" Swampers without issues right now and I don't need a higher center of gravity for the trails that I wheel.

Were you able to determine if that body mount bushing was the source of your noise? I have a similar sound/thump from the back.

Does your sound only occurr when there is twist induced in the frame and over uneven bumps?

Were you able to determine if that body mount bushing was the source of your noise? I have a similar sound/thump from the back.

Does your sound only occurr when there is twist induced in the frame and over uneven bumps?

No, it's only on the right side of the truck and it seems like it is on the up movement when I hit a bump.

It looks like new busings and hardware are in order.

Have you checked for a trunk monkey?;)

It looks like new busings and hardware are in order.

Have you checked for a trunk monkey?;)

I can't find my trunk monkey, if I could things would be a lot better:flipoff2:

How would you know if these body mounts are still good and doing their job? I have some that are in good shape and some that are very rusted what should I look for?

How would you know if these body mounts are still good and doing their job? I have some that are in good shape and some that are very rusted what should I look for?

I'm not really sure, one of mine looks like it is starting to work it's way down to the holding washer. Were the other one is still up inside it's housing. I guess the only way I will really know is when I go to replace them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom