Bandeirante Heating System retrofit... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Bom dia amigos,

it's getting cold down here in Brazil, especially in the south. Here in Sao Paulo it's still kind of ok, but the temperatures also drop down to 8-12°C in the night.

By default, the Bandeirantes don't have any heating installed and there is also no retrofit avail, as far what I could find out. Since I'm using my Band also as kind of daily driver (I love to drive around with it, so I do groceries and go to work with it), I'm thinking (again) of installing some kind of heating system. The system will not need to heat up the cabin from -10C outside to 30C inside, it's more for chilly mornings and nights.
The original system will not fit and it's not avail down here, so I need to go with some "custom made stuff", 3 ideas:

- electric heater: I have a "big" alternator installed, which could deliver 100A, but I guess I would need to install at least a 500W-heater and that would be around 40Amps - big wires.

- diesel heater: I ordered one of those cheap diesel heater from china, I found one for around 60 bucks. What I saw, those units work, but the downside is, the only work kind of "full power", and the smalles unit I found had already 2kW. I guess a little bit overdone for a small cabin and to bring up the temps just a little.

- "water heater" : the idea is to buy one of those cabin water/air-heat exchanger (from a vw polo or so) and fit a bunch of 12v fans on it (computer-fans or so). But I have no idea where to install this "kit". This would be the classic option, but also it means to tap the water from the engine, install lots of tubings, etc.

- only heated seats: there are those kits to retrofit a heating to the seats. It's not a real heating system, but it can bring some heat to a cold driver, right? But will it be enough?

Can you guys just tell me your thoughts about it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom