Bama to Baja Overland Journey ‘22 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
At the end of May this year, just a couple days after my son’s high school graduation, we set out for our second trip to Baja. But this time, we went all in!

Thirty days, three people, two dogs, one Land Cruiser and 7,000 miles round trip ahead of us.
This thread will document that journey.

I served as expedition leader and planner, Jill served as dog mom and accommodation coordinator, while my son, Alton, performed navigational duties primarily.

You can find #Bama2Baja across social media as well.

TMO Bama2Baja Artwork.PNG

ACP.JPG

JV.jpg

Alton E. Patterson .jpg

IMG_9427.JPG

Last edited:
Looking forward to following along.

On May 25 we set out from Chelsea, Alabama in the rain. The third day in a row of thunderstorms and the last rain we would see for thirty days.
With 2,000 miles ahead of us to get to the Mexico border, we planned some big mileage days on the interstate. The goal for day one was Shreveport, Louisiana about 500 miles away. This being our first day, this was also our shortest to ease us into the rhythm of the road. We made it uneventfully to a hotel in Shreveport just before sunset where we congratulated ourselves on completing day one of our journey. We went to sleep with high spirits and the realization that we were really on our way, and Baja was only a few days away.

EB753FED-626E-43FF-96F0-8325D504AE73.JPG

IMG_1686.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom