1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

baltimore?

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by 72cruiser, Jun 28, 2005.

1. 72cruiser

72cruiser

sup fellas,

anybody from/live in baltimore?

i'm lookin at grad school up at johns hopkins, and was wonderin what y'all knew abt livin/rentin in the city.

i've been tryin to find stuff online and like the looks of hampden so far...

any other opinions/suggestions?

also, anyplace that has garage rental available nearby would be awesome (i'd hate to leave my 40, but i fear that is what's goin to happen...)

malphrus

2. kckcruiser

kckcruiser

Lived there for a while, but moved 4 years ago. Bolton Hill area wasn't too bad and could park on the street. Was in Fells Point for a year, but parking is not too great. Look up where the Hopkins shuttle buses run. It makes it a lot easier not having to drive and just hop on a free bus in the morning. What program?

3. 72cruiser

72cruiser

yeah, i was up in the city a couple months ago, stayed in fells point, thought it was pretty cool.

i'd like to live close enough so i could ride a bike (10-15 minute ride would be aight), and i've looked at the shuttle stuff off of the jhu website

hopin to get into the biomedical engineering program

malphrus

4. LabRat11

LabRat11

For what it's worth ......

Had a friend move there based on the fact that of all the candidate cities - B-more had the best combination of bar selection, public transportation, and job oportunity.

Saw the bumpersticker once ' Virginia is for Lovers - Maryland has Crabs'

5. cruiserman

cruiserman

Pretty funny. I grew up outside of Baltimore and went to Clemson for BSME. I personally would not live in the city, especially at night :). JHU is an excellent school.

6. Exiled

Exiled

I went to Goucher College in Towson, MD, a bit north of Baltimore. Personally, I think it's a great city, lots of history, great bars, and the Inner Harbor is awesome. Plus it's got Camden Yards, and there's very few baseball parks in that category in the US.

I don't know what the rent situation is like, because I moved from MD in 1998, but I suspect it will be expensive if you want to live near Hopkins (which besides being a fantastic school, also has a great lacrosse team).

Baltimore is close to DC and Philly and within day-excursion drive from NY, too, if you're into that kind of stuff.

7. wesintl

wesintl

Media:
    Albums:
    It's just that every park built since CY has the same look and feel :doh: