Baja trek anyone? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm in the final stages of planning a trek through Baja. At this point I'm going solo, but it would be great to find someone else that wants to do the trip. I'm on no particular schedule, but will likely be gone a couple of months. Tentative addition is ferry to the mainland and explore the Copper Canyon area (then maybe further south too?). I'm planning to leave San Luis Obispo CA on 11/3, cross at Tecate, and then see where the trails take me.

Anyone in? Anyone already down there that I could hook up with?

Brennan Johnson
San Luis Obispo, CA
2014 T4R Trail

I soloed much of my trip last winter in Baja. Across the border for 66 days and no issues, well except when my alternator died in the middle of no where. Have a good trip.

Ace

I'll be in and out of Baja for the next couple of weeks. You planning on watching the Baja 1000? I'll be checking it out between Ojos negros and Valle Trinidad. Easy access off of Highway 3.

I'm 2 weeks into my trip, and have had a great time with no "sketchy" incidents whatsoever. Solo camping, but I seem to find and meet people along the way. Friendly people everywhere! I did catch the Baja 1000 near San Quintin. Awesome! Some road damage from the hurricane out at Bahia de Los Angeles, but nothing else so far. But i'm not too far south yet either....

Awesome! Keep us posted, and show us some pics!!

I'm back, after 6 weeks of fantastic exploring, wandering, and camping through Baja. A lot of good offroading too! On the way home, I did go out to see "The Famous Coco" at Coco's Corner - what a character! There's literally too much to repeat here, but I did keep a blog with pictures (bjohnson93401.tumblr.com) that you can scroll through (warning: it's boring as hell). In a nutshell: very friendly people, good food, no sketchy incidents, no police bribes, roads in generally good condition (some hurricane damage still), sunny & warm, good margaritas. I'll be going back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom