Baja Designs (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Installed these this morning LP6's man they light up the road.View attachment 2454705

Kevin - Did you use the BD wiring harness that came with these? I'd love to know a few more details on the wiring/switch
1. Did you go through the drivers side or passenger side of the firewall
2. What type of switch did you use
3. What did you 'tap' into for the DRL
4. Any pictures of where you ran the wires or any tips for someone that has the lights in the box and planning on doing this soon :)

When I did my LP9’s I used the BD wiring harness. Passed through the firewall below the brake booster. Ran the switch to a flat dash blank but installed it in one of the coin holders in the center console. Much easier to keep my hand there to operate while driving. Oncoming traffic really appreciates them switched off quickly. Amber backlight was tied into an ignition hot circuit at fuse panel.

Planning to upgrade to a switch pro panel at some point. Then I’ll probably tie the low beam on the LP9 to the OEM high beams.

Last edited:
FYI on my lp9's I used the supplied wiring harness.

Ran inside via the grommet aside the brake booster.

3 position toggle switch, low is down, center is off, up is high. That toggle switch is located next to the interior lamp brightness adjustment.

My lp9's are the pro edition so they also have the amber backlight which I wired to the toggle switch that turns on my switch pro equivalent multi button switch. When that switch is on so are the amber backlights.

Also the lp9's are wired directly to the posts on my battery.

HTH

Kevin - Did you use the BD wiring harness that came with these? I'd love to know a few more details on the wiring/switch
4. Any pictures of where you ran the wires or any tips for someone that has the lights in the box and planning on doing this soon :)
Yes I did, yes I went through the drivers there is a rubber plug there remove that and there will be some insulation there make a hole in it and run your wires through the rubber piece and through the firewall and pull it through easy to get to. And I removed the arm rest and the deal around the shifter, and ran the wires into the dash and down into and along side the shifter. And those little plastic pop outs for coins I popped out the bottom left one, and that little pop out I drilled a hole in it just enough to fit around the threads and the little nuts that were on the toggle switch I screwed them on and secured it to the plastic piece. Now you will see that the ends oh the plastic pop out need to be filed down a bit for it to fit. Use your dremel tool with a little sanding wheel and don't take too much off and it will pop right in. You get a toggle switch with it "high off low beam". And the toggle switch being there makes it convenient because your hand will be right there any way, no fumbling or looking.

I used the toggle switch that came with it. You will get a kit with connectors and everything

What I used was a fuse tap, and put it in were the ignition fuse goes. Go to the auto parts store and get a fuse tap "check wire size". I will post a few pictures. I will take them tomorrow.

Ask me anything I am here to help.

Go slow and take your time, center your hole in that plastic coin thing and you may have to grind out a little material in that coin thing. Remember the plastic ends of the coin thing needs to be grinded or filled down a little not to much you want it to fit snug, do not force it, take your time and go slow. The relay I just drilled a little hole in the fire wall and screwed it in. Kevin

What I fitted over the toggle switch was a plug, one of those blanks that are covering a place to put a switch. Like the ones to the left of the steering wheel. I had an extra one. I removed the little coin holder and the blank was fitted over the toggle switch and with a little trimming fit right in. Sorry about not getting pictures today was busy. I get in the morning.

What I fitted over the toggle switch was a plug, one of those blanks that are covering a place to put a switch. Like the ones to the left of the steering wheel. I had an extra one. I removed the little coin holder and the blank was fitted over the toggle switch and with a little trimming fit right in. Sorry about not getting pictures today was busy. I get in the morning.
Same here.

Yes I did, yes I went through the drivers there is a rubber plug there remove that and there will be some insulation there make a hole in it and run your wires through the rubber piece and through the firewall and pull it through easy to get to. And I removed the arm rest and the deal around the shifter, and ran the wires into the dash and down into and along side the shifter. And those little plastic pop outs for coins I popped out the bottom left one, and that little pop out I drilled a hole in it just enough to fit around the threads and the little nuts that were on the toggle switch I screwed them on and secured it to the plastic piece. Now you will see that the ends oh the plastic pop out need to be filed down a bit for it to fit. Use your dremel tool with a little sanding wheel and don't take too much off and it will pop right in. You get a toggle switch with it "high off low beam". And the toggle switch being there makes it convenient because your hand will be right there any way, no fumbling or looking.

I used the toggle switch that came with it. You will get a kit with connectors and everything

What I used was a fuse tap, and put it in were the ignition fuse goes. Go to the auto parts store and get a fuse tap "check wire size". I will post a few pictures. I will take them tomorrow.

Ask me anything I am here to help.

Go slow and take your time, center your hole in that plastic coin thing and you may have to grind out a little material in that coin thing. Remember the plastic ends of the coin thing needs to be grinded or filled down a little not to much you want it to fit snug, do not force it, take your time and go slow. The relay I just drilled a little hole in the fire wall and screwed it in. Kevin
Switch.jpg

rubber grommet.jpg

BD lights.jpg

Last edited:
I am really happy with all the Baja designs lights. You're gonna love those lp6's! You can take those marker lights out and then fit (2) S2's if you wanted later (I use those quite a bit)

I'm glad my lp9's have high and low beam because high beam is crazy bright

View attachment 2454865
did you cut the bumper there to install those lights?

Awesome BD lighting setups in here! Where did you guys order from - any mud vendors selling BD lights? Wanting to grab a set of LP6's for my Slee ShortBus.

Also, did y'all go with the spots or driving/combo? Thanks for any feedback! 🤘

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom