Badass Camper Setup Spotted, 75 series Tray-back (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Spotted yesterday pulling into Canadian Tire in Maple Ridge.

I would love to see more pictures + info.

Specs.... HJ 75? tray-back with a Northern Lite Camper setup.

Definitely had some drool factor! :steer:

Thats probably my dads bj75, here are a few pics. He has since done some work on filling in areas of the camper with boxes though.
30.JPG
DSCN4405.jpg

Specs are: pretty sleeper cause he hasn't done much about the body since it came out of a mine in Sask, but I think the previous owner did a bit of rattle canning over rust. Its got 3BII with turbo and air intercooler, 2.5 lift with 33s, custom dump deck and airbags in the rear by Kodiak.

Yeah he's got quite the pimpin set up for a retired guy now. My dad and mom are taking a week or so now to head up here taking the senic route up the Rockies and he was probably just taking it to town for a test drive to make sure everything holds up for the trip as he just finished up instaling those boxes and building a tire carrier since he always just ran the tire on the deck. Will be his maiden voyage with the camper. Will see how the little 3B does pushing that big wind break up the mountains:hillbilly: course him being retired means going slow is no big deal.

here you go Dr.
IH8MUD DAD1.jpg
IH8MUD DAD2.jpg

its only a matter of time until i get a rough 75 that needs some loving.
This isn't helping

That looks so cool. I wonder how it handles in a big cross wind? Also, where / how does the spare tire hang?

He says it isn't too bad but he takes it pretty easy. The spare tire holder he made with a trailer tire spindle like I did on my 42, only he layed it horizontal so it swings down instead of out. He doesn't like that set up as he has to lift the tire every time he wants in. He thought it would be easier to pull the tire off when he gets a flat, but it is too much effort just moving it daily so he is talking about some kind of hand crank system now. I keep telling him to put it on the roof, so he doesn't have to deal with it but he is all parinoid about changing a flat and how he would get it off:meh:

The spare tire holder he made with a trailer tire spindle like I did on my 42, only he layed it horizontal so it swings down instead of out.

Maybe he could have both. Design it so it swings away, so he can get in and out of the camper with ease and also have this on a hinged frame with a small hand winch to allow it to swing down from the swing out position.

That's a nice setup. What does it weigh?

Not very much as it is the smallest camper you can get, and it is all fiberglass.

i had been thinking the same idea since i saw my uncles pop-top camper (lower center of gravity). i love the idea now i see it in practice. thanks for posting.
(i have also been looking at doing a dually rear setup of some sort if i go down this road)

best wishes for your dad's trip.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom