bad seller: lt1z350 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

lemme rephrase my earlier post.

I too have had many many successful transactions buying from, selling to, helpin & being helped by Mudders. It just so happens that the 1st bad transaction was the 2nd one I'd ever done through Mud, and it dragged on for over a year (til one of his local club members paid up for him).

So what I should have said was something about the occasional bad apple not ruining the bushel.

Bad Karma has its way of catching up........

I met a guy 10mi from me to purchase his 94 locked 80 series for 7k a few years back (when that was a smokin deal). It was cherry....5min after looking i said- "ill take it".(he looked surprised) Told him i would head to bank tomorrow 9a.m.- get a cashiers check and be up by noon.

Sitting in bank at 9:30 (taking day off work) - just after cashiers check is cut and in hand, i check msgs on my cell. The seller says he;s got someone else interested-give him a call. I call at 9:45....tell him ive got check in hand- took day off work- about to head north to meet him at our agreed to noon time. He says-"well i hadnt heard back from you and sold it to another guy". I said- "you called me at 9:30-i called you 15min later, im at the bank- took the day off work-paid to get a check cut that now you are telling me i cant use.....what were you planning on saying when i showed up at our agreed upon noon time?" NO ANSWER- then i say "karma is gonna catch up with you on this one" and i hang up the phone.

A few months later- pick up saturday paper. Cut out an article on "military toxic dumping cleanup" in his housing complex. Home values were plummeting from 600k to sub 300k---kids in area(he had 2)playing were kicking up toxic dust all had health issues.

I drive to his house- leave cut out article in his mailbox with a note- "Landcruiser Karma caught up with you........."

I had guy going sell me some springs made deal then the guy emails me some one came by and bought springs.Had another time guy was going to sell me floorboard for fj40 kept contacting him for about a month never called back.Turns out my son helped him get a job I wonder what he going to say when I meet up with him.

Who?....
I had guy going sell me some springs made deal then the guy emails me some one came by and bought springs.Had another time guy was going to sell me floorboard for fj40 kept contacting him for about a month never called back.Turns out my son helped him get a job I wonder what he going to say when I meet up with him.

I have to add, in fairness, I purchased about $1000 worth of NOS toyota stuff from Joe for a very low price and I even kicked in a little more than the negotiated deal 'cuz I knew he was out of work.... I did this over 4 different transactions and shipments as he dug stuff up, out of his garage, and it was all shipped quickly and was all good NOS in the bag and is currently sitting in my garage getting tripped over...

HOWEVER -- JOE, if you read this thread, you should know Georg is a well-known and well-respected member of this board and if he says he received goods that were not of the quality described, we believe him, without question.

Joe, you should man up and be FAIR with Georg, as a lot of us were very fair in dealing with you.

Kismet.... Kismet.

Alf

I should also add that that I have had good buys lots of times. I guess back in the day I bought a new 63 Chevy factory 4 speed 300 horse 327 with 200 hundred down and a promise to bring rest next week.I don't like put out names but the one is known and has many post on mud.

Get out your torch and pitchforks!!!!

???? Hmmmm. As the Land Cruiser Turns (Classified Section).

You are only as good as your word - PERIOD.

Get out your torch and pitchforks!!!!

no need for a lynching here........

just like spike strip i also chipped in a little extra once joe told me how much shipping cost him.

either way, i'm over it. i got the parts the case needed and rebuilt it completely. now i know it's done right.

end of story. let's put this one to bed. :deadhorse:

if you paid through PayPal they will help you "right" your deal most of the time. Pretty good customer service. sorry to hear someone would do that to you Georg!!! thanks for the info on the 700r4 i picked up, luckily for me it was built "very well" says the local tranny guy.

thanks luke!

i did pay via pp and i know i could try to get a partial refund thru them, but that's right along the lines of suing somebody. i'm not big on that. i've never done it and i hope i never have to.
i'll just chalk it up to 'live and learn, die and forget it all".

georg

Hy-jack...Am I correct in that we don't have a rating area for buyers and sellers right? Just posted similar question in chat...might take my non-paying buyer to task in this section too.

End hy-jack. Sorry about the issue Orange.

Yes you be correct. We have no specific spot to post issues other than chat however I am happy as hell this thread was allowed here.
Hy-jack...Am I correct in that we don't have a rating area for buyers and sellers right? Just posted similar question in chat...might take my non-paying buyer to task in this section too.

We do now. It is called itrader.

It only works if people use it though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom