bad rubbing on rear with 37's (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Does anyone have any clue how to help? i bought this fj from a friend recently, I'll be posting pics soon!
lc.jpg

Is it rubbing the body (in front of or behind the tire) or the inner fenderwell?

If the inner fender you can run wheel spacers or get wheels with less backspacing.

If it is the body you can use bump stops.

It IS a little rusty soooo... Flip the rear springs, which moves the axle back, and take a cutoff wheel to the rear quarter area (open up the wheel well).

*Edit*

Actually it looks like the rear may be linked?? If that is the case, then your easiest option is to start cutting up the body and open up those rear wheel wells.

It looks like someone put a ton of work into that thing. Looks like a new front tube frame and a link setup. Post more pictures!!

Last edited:
yes its rubing on the frame as well. I really think i need to start cutting it for what i use it for. wheel spacers will be the next investment i think

but yea its a full tube chasis with a 454 in it with stock axles and and transmission

im thinking if all else fails im just going to have to get a better lift and lenghten me drive shaft in the rear to center that up.

The 2 set of tires i have rub everywhere when i flex be it the inside or right under the fender, i just shredded my rear passenger tire this weekend. but yes il defintily post more pics

Yeah, I would stretch that rear at least. There is tons of room back there to cut things out.

Don't be afraid to bumpstop it.

Hi All:

Cool rig! :)

You need these:

Wheel Spacers | Marlin Crawler, Inc.

I agree, if it is possible to modify the rear link suspension to push the rear axle back 4 - 5 inches DO IT! Longer wheelbase = better climbing on the trail and more stability on the highway.

Regards,

Alan

Thats what im thinking to lenghten it out and get the sawzall out. If i do that im thinking about just going to change everything underneath like changing to dana 60s or 44s with chromolly, im definitly getting a set of wheel spacers

just bob the rear and legthen the rear links the get spacers or 3" offset wheels

Hi All:

Dana 60 full-floater is an upgrade from the Land Cruiser axles; Dana 44 is not.

Regards,

Alan

Thats what im thinking to lenghten it out and get the sawzall out. If i do that im thinking about just going to change everything underneath like changing to dana 60s or 44s with chromolly, im definitly getting a set of wheel spacers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom