Bad Results with 555 Ball Joints (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Mine both ripped and started rusting within a year of installing them. I used some silicon tape to keep the grease in and surprisingly it's been holding up.

There are zero reasons not to purchase all four control arms at IMPEX. This should be an easy click.
I bet honda accord's uppers cost more than 137 149 dollars. (6 month inflation)
I'm ashamed of you y'all.

edited

Last edited:
I should have pointed out explicitly that you can buy OEM control arms for 750USD or so at impex.
This includes the ball joints, bushings, etc.
In some instances this is cheaper than third party replacement arms that come with ball joints.

I should have pointed out explicitly that you can buy OEM control arms for 750USD or so at impex.
This includes the ball joints, bushings, etc.
In some instances this is cheaper than third party replacement arms that come with ball joints.
I bought all 4 OEM from parts OUQ. not a bad deal at all!

There are zero reasons not to purchase all four control arms at IMPEX. This should be an easy click.
I bet honda accord's uppers cost more than 137 149 dollars. (6 month inflation)
I'm ashamed of you y'all.

edited
UCAs Impex
LCAs from Lexus/Toyota when they’re running huge discount through Dealerships running SimplePart catalog system.

The shipping weight for LCAs are >22lbs but UCAs are extremely lightweight.

I've had two fail 555s fail within a year. Not impressed. Boots tear easily. I like the idea of using the oem boot.

555 are controversial, aren't they!

Anyone know where I could get some spacer, for them?

I've always had some concern, as to how 555 LBJ seat in LCA deeper than OEM. In that the gap between knuckle & LCA is 2 to 3mm less than OEM. Which for one, results in knuckle a few mm higher in relation to frame. Another way to express; We lose 3mm ground clearance. Which I, don't think is a big deal. But is one of the reason, I like doing both sides at same time.

This deeper seating, also reduce space for boot. Which gets pinched more than OEM as a result. How much more pinch, depending on stock or lifted rig.

I'd love to find, some off the shelf spaces/washers. A 1mm, 2mm and a 3mm H x 51.35mm ID minimum x 57.95mm OD maximum spacer. So I could place on ball joint, then press in.

1mm, 2mm and 3mm heights/thickness, used for testing for best fitment (thickness). As thicker the better to get more room for boot. But still allow for locking clip.

555 are controversial, aren't they!

Anyone know where I could get some spacer, for them?

I've always had some concern, as to how 555 LBJ seat in LCA deeper than OEM. In that the gap between knuckle & LCA is 2 to 3mm less than OEM. Which for one, results in knuckle a few mm higher in relation to frame. Another way to express; We lose 3mm ground clearance. Which I, don't think is a big deal. But is one of the reason, I like doing both sides at same time.

This deeper seating, also reduce space for boot. Which gets pinched more than OEM as a result. How much more pinch, depending on stock or lifted rig.

I'd love to find, some off the shelf spaces/washers. A 1mm, 2mm and a 3mm H x 51.35mm ID minimum x 57.95mm OD maximum spacer. So I could place on ball joint, then press in.

1mm, 2mm and 3mm heights/thickness, used for testing for best fitment (thickness). As thicker the better to get more room for boot. But still allow for locking clip.

Haa haa...knew you will be bringing this up :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom