Bad News regarding our favorite Adopted Trail (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Crystal Mountain trail is closed for the 2011 season due to a State Land issue. This is not because of any erosion or trail damage. There is a road that connects the beginning portion of the trail to the upper portion that will be gated and locked due to an issue that will be discussed at a later date. There will be no access to the upper portion. This really bad news to the 1000's of trail users that recreate in that area. We are working on a proposal for access during the 2012 season, but need to work hard in getting the proposal ok'd. More news to come when it becomes available.

:hmm:

Last edited:
Now it looks like the area is burning. :frown: By the looks of the flames last night the fire moved quickly North. I am trying to find out where it started, but I guess we will eventually know.

Snowing in Red Feather and moving south. Let's hope everyone is safe up there.

InciWeb the Incident Information System: Crystal Fire

Now it looks like the area is burning. :frown: By the looks of the flames last night the fire moved quickly North. I am trying to find out where it started, but I guess we will eventually know.

Snowing in Red Feather and moving south. Let's hope everyone is safe up there.

InciWeb the Incident Information System: Crystal Fire

Holy cow, I thought I smelled just a wiff of wood smoke last night when I was putting things away in the garage!

Wow, things could get interesting!

Link to the BRC Resources that Bob mentioned at the meeting this week:

Advocacy Resources - BlueRibbon Coalition

Now things seem a little clearer. It looks like it moved in a Northeast direction towards Lory State Park. The news, like always, is not clear about the path, which is what I would like to see. It also looks like Moody Hill trail may have been clear of the path, but we will still only know when we hear more.

Latest from cohvco, First off, the fire did no damage to the trail and was actually a couple of hills over. The land issue is that the state school lands board owns the lower section and in the new lease requires the leased to install a gate and keep it closed. The leases is "a wealthy business man out of ft Collins " who also does not want to put up the gate because he expects that he'll have to keep replacing it

Jerry aboud from Cohvco and craig stumbaugh from Larimer cty 4 wheelers have spoken, apparently forest service is having problems getting a copy of the lease, so Jerry will get a copy of the lease for Craig to pass onto to forest service, and hopefully fs will then be able to fight the gating. In the meantime, you need to contact fs to find out if the trail is open before planning on wheeling crystal mtn.

Check the "Coloradoan" this week for an article about the trail.

:whoops: Well, the previous post was not about the trail. It was just an interview with Mike regarding trails in general. I got a little out of hand, but I am also a little emotional about this issue. :crybaby:

I just had an interview with the Coloradoan regarding the Crystal Mountain Trail. I'll post up the article when it becomes available.

Update: We are trying to get into the lease someway where we can get Right of Way passage through the area in question. Attempting to get the money from the FS or through the parks, which are both strapped for money. :frown: If those avenues do not work, we will try to get COHVCO to help with the OHV fund. Meeting coming up to discuss where the money can come from. Stay tuned.

:grinpimp:

Good News regarding Crystal Mountain!! Meeting next week.

Wednesday, June 29th at 7PM at IHOP on Harmony... BE THERE!

Yes! We have good news! Be there or be square!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom