Bad frame DC TRD value (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Shark56

SILVER Star
Threads
Is there any market for a Silver TRD Double Cab 4x4 with a bad frame.
My frame is in bad shape and I'm deciding whether to part it out or just sell in outright as a whole parts vehicle. Everything works as it should but the frame...🤬 145,000. Bought brand new in Nov 2003 fresh of the truck. Literally had 1 mile on ODO.

I'm thinking this isn't just a few cracks needing welding, but more severe. Maybe a twist in it or something.

You'll maybe make more parting it out, but an easy sale might be better for your time. If you found something like a flood-damaged truck cheaply, it would probably have a straight frame. Lots of work switching that out.

Oh man, that sucks. Didn't Toyota extend the rust warranties on those to 15 years? Obviously, you would be out of the original extension, but maybe they extended it again? They were replacing the frames on them up to 2004 model year.

about 5 years back someone was selling a project tacoma similar year to yours on my local craigslist. it was a 01-04 ext cab with everything just a bad frame and a bare good frame. I knew I would never get finished but it did make dream.

You may be able to find a double cab frame for it and swap over. Im just guessing your issue is rust. That is low miles for those and 01-04 are very desirable models

Maybe shoot your shot and contact some dealers near you and see what they can do. You may get surprised and toyota give you a full frame replacement or they may pay you to take off your hands. In the last year or two ive seen a couple posted in places where mr. T paid for the frame replacement.

No pics right now but definitely rust through on frame. Worst spots being right in front of rear spring hangers. Still straight but just to far gone for repair. Dealer is a no go. Past the date for the replacement due to time of first spray/ inspection they did 15 years ago. Dealer around me are pretty incompetent! On hindsight I should have unloaded it a few years ago.
I know part out is the way to get the most out of it but I got 3 40's that keep me busy! Thanks folks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom