Bad Day for our 2000 LX (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So, this morning my son pulled out of the driveway with a trailer. The fender of the trailer caught the rear bumper of the LX and ripped it totally off! Then my daughter took it to paint a fence at the farm and returned home with paint all over the freshly recovered driver's seat. I just had the vehicle undergo a major service and it was really running and looking great.

I will deal with the seat one way or the other. What should I do about the bumper? Used? or Aftermarket?

Can get a used rear bumper cover for cheap. Half of the folks on here tossed them in the trash.

Your kids sound destructive.

Should I go aftermarket or used?

Last edited:
What color?

You can buy a new / unpainted rear bumper cover from Toyota for less than $250.

Sorry, Have been slammed at work. It is a 2000 LX with black body and gray cladding/bumpers.

I think you want to go after market coolness and are maybe looking for some help to talk you into it and justify the expense? Follow your bliss.

P.S. I personally really like the Dissent Rear bumper, seems to be a lot of bang for the buck.

This is our oldest LX. Maybe I should leaving the effing thing off, sell the newish LTX M/S Michelins (sp?), throw some chi-com, COVID-19 eBay special mud tires on it and forget about it. It is otherwise in great shape. I maintained it in full OCD fashion, front seats have new vinyl, new floor mats, new cargo area mat, it runs strong. I can do a height sensor lift, get it aligned and have an off roader. Kinda leaning that way at the moment, but I've had three COVID cocktails.

This is our oldest LX. Maybe I should leaving the effing thing off, sell the newish LTX M/S Michelins (sp?), throw some chi-com, COVID-19 eBay special mud tires on it and forget about it. It is otherwise in great shape. I maintained it in full OCD fashion, front seats have new vinyl, new floor mats, new cargo area mat, it runs strong. I can do a height sensor lift, get it aligned and have an off roader. Kinda leaning that way at the moment, but I've had three COVID cocktails.
Just have a length of I-beam welded to the rear and call it good nuff. :hillbilly:

I gotta a couple lengths of rail road ties at the farm. Could cut and weld one of those up there, but jebus that weigh about 30 lbs an inch!

Should I go aftermarket or used?
Clearly time for a build. Aftermarket will cost a bit more than used or new and be better and cool.
At the end of the day, it is your choice.

id give you my bumper if you weren't on the other side of the country. i think my bumper would match. I'm about to remove it for aftermarket bumper. but it has a blemish on the paint. not perfect but a heck of a lot better than a torn off one. i bet if you are a little patient you would find a similar situation in your neck of the woods and score a free or nearly free bumper.

Appreciate that. I actually have a large touch up spay kit in the basement I was going to use to clean up the one now sitting in my driveway in pieces. I can probably hunt down a used one if need. My wife thinks I am crazy to worry about a 20 year old car, but I swear this thing has at least another 10 years in her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom