backup switch (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
HELP! In my '70 Cruiser I am installing a '71 F engine w/fourspeed tranny and direct shift xfer case and can't find an indicator switch for the FWD. My previous 3 spd/vac xfer had one.The flat cover on the xfer case doesn't have a port for the switch. Any ideas where I might look? There's a threaded hole on the top of the xfer case, but no direct connection to the interior, it looks more like a mounting hole for another something I don't have and don't know about.

And to top it off the wiring diagrams are no help. Hanging off the frame above the xfer case area are two wires, YG and GY. The diagrams show that the GY is for the backup switch, but the YG isn't indicated. I think they both go to the backup switch which has two wires, RB abd RB.

Swap top covers on the transfer cases. They are identical. Just swap the shift linkage as well.

they both go to the backup switch..

On a factory 1970 Fj40 Backup light switch would be on the steering colum by the steering box. If it was changed out to a top loader the two wire for the back up light would have been moved to the back right side where the back up switch is located. The two wires off the frame are from the 4WD indicator switch, which the direct shift doesn't have.

John

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom