backup lights wiring? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am trying to hookup the backup lights on my 55. Can someone with a stock setup tell me where the wires run from the 55 harness to the stock tranny to engage the switch and turn on the backup lights? The colors, per haynes are red/light purple, and light purple/red. What the heck does light purple look like anyway. Blue? I can't find those wires under the hood on either side of the engine.

On my 40 they (two wires)run from the top of the tranny ( the switch is screwed into the case right where the transmission stick comes out) then it runs to the vehicle right and connects via a plug to the harness about where the transfer case is. It runs down the right side of the chassis. I believe that it was kind of a purple and red I think. I had a bad switch and ended up installing a 3 dollar toggle switch. A "New " switch would have been $70.00.

Though I don't know from 55's, the backup wires come out of a run of harness along the right side of the frame and go over to the switch. There's no plug, just tape wrapped wires. They wouldn't be visible under the hood as they come out farther back.

Light purple = lavender :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom