Backpacking trip anyone? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

FJ Junkie

SILVER Star
Threads
I'm wanting to do a quick and easy weekend backpacking trip in NC mountains. I'm thinking leave Sat morning, hike in, camp then hike out Sun morning. Anyone interested?

We would be but we aren't able to yet with the baby. As soon as Austin starts sleeping with blankets Dana and I would be down for trips like this. I highly recommend panthertown valley, the first section of the MST, or down near lake Fontana.

Most definitely. I think after he is a year old we will be able to take him without worries. The wife and I did a lot of backpacking before he was a born and it is something we want to get back into. We are super bummed we aren't making the PI trip!!! But hopefully we will make future endeavors. Worst case we just need to go back to Black Balsam in the Spring. Check out the video from our trip near Lake Fontana!

Cool video. I Never saw the snake though.

Looks like y'all have quite the backpacking set up for sleeping and cooking.

The bald in the video was beautiful. I'm going to have to check that out for sure.

Me and tank would be in once the leg heals 100%

A group trip would be sweet. Our backpacking setup was really nice. It was pretty simple but when you're carrying everything on your back it tends to be lighter is better. The snake was BIG! Best I could tell it was a timber rattle snake so we were lucky. We also saw two black bears on that trip but they left us alone no issues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom