Back-Up (Reverse) Lights Not Illuminating (H151F) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

scheme

SILVER Star
Threads
I recently discovered my back-up lights are not illuminating when I put my HDJ81 H151F into reverse. This vehicle is a recent purchase and I am still discovering new things previous owner(s) have modified or manipulated. I did some research here on the forums and brought out a multimeter to the lights. No power is making it to the rear lights when in reverse, and I checked the bulbs as well; they are working when power is applied. All fuses check out and are in working order. This brought me down to the undercarriage to inspect the back-up light switch. I found three cables/adapters nearby, all precariously close to each other, and all of which are disconnected. I did a hail mary connection to two of them but ended up blowing the no7 10A (gauge) fuse which was promptly replaced.

I am new to everything cruiser and am posting here before I go deeper into figuring out the electrical in hopes that someone far more experienced than myself can identify the issue without much fuss. Any information on this matter would be a huge help, thanks!

The attached pictures highlight a noticeable feature in both images to give a sense of spatial awareness.

This is on an H151F 5-speed manual transmission HDJ81. Pictures taken are US driver side undercarriage (JDM passenger) of the transmission.

Thanks!

h8bu1.jpg

h8bu2.jpg

Okay. So I removed the undercarriage protection in an effort to get a better look.

Here is the back-up switch on the US Driver/JDM Passenger side.
update-switch.jpg

Here is the main lead connected to the transmission on the US Passenger/JDM Driver side.
69656348750__80642F7E-55AD-4E13-B8C2-EE36D646BCE0.jpg

Here are three connectors that branch off from the main lead connecting to the transmisson
69656350191__83F964DB-3204-4BC0-9662-E3570F1858ED.jpg

Here's a better look at the plugs.
update-plugs.jpg

Found the following thread's diagrams and will report soon.

80 series reverse wire location - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/80-series-reverse-wire-location.971915/post-10805894

Unfortunate news. There is only one plug settles into the back-up switch, and it is the one that shorts the 10amp Gauge fuse. There is a short somewhere along the circuit that I now get to discover, hopefully soon. If anyone has any suggestions I am all ears.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom