Back up camera for 2000 lx47/lc 100 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am looking for backup camera for this vehicle. I dont want to replace the existing radio/CD unit.
Ca you suggest a. few camera systems, which can fit well with minimum inteference.
I did purchase one from Costco (https://www.costco.com/type-s-6.8"-...less-backup-camera-2.0.product.100681295.html) which I found to be too big and I couldnt stick it anywhere properly.
I dont want to stick it over the dashboard as it interfere with the visibility. I will rather have it around down close to gear lever.

I am based in California.

I put in a vantop 12" dash cam/rear cam/mirror. I like it a lot. Amazon product ASIN B08DF94H7DAlso purchased this mount to completely remove the factory rear view:
Amazon product ASIN B085RNM1LF
It wasn't a simple drop in, but wasn't overly difficult to install. I did end up taking the back door panel and license plate area completely apart.

20210610_144044_HDR.jpg

20210610_144126_HDR.jpg

I put in a vantop 12" dash cam/rear cam/mirror. I like it a lot. Amazon product ASIN B08DF94H7DAlso purchased this mount to completely remove the factory rear view:
Amazon product ASIN B085RNM1LF
It wasn't a simple drop in, but wasn't overly difficult to install. I did end up taking the back door panel and license plate area completely apart.

View attachment 2700107

View attachment 2700108

Very interesting. Did the easily attached to the factory mounting point on the windshield?

Here is mine, I was originally going to use it for my track car for improved visibility with halo seats, but ended up selling it and needed a backup camera on the 100.
99CFE555-B4CE-4D6E-A6B2-EBCD22658DB2.jpeg

I used the type of camera that comes together with a licence plate holder. Didn’t to drill extra holes and working very well. Feeds into my aftermarket double din head unit

I upgraded my headunit to a double-din android unit that has an HD camera display. Ran the wiring and have it mounted in the upper lift gate between Land and Cruiser. Gives me a nice vantage point and honestly the running of the wires was not difficult at all, just required patience and going slow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom