Back Seat Carpet Metal Trim : Grey or Black ? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello!

I am slowly and methodically swapping my tired brown attire to a blue/grey interior.

What is the best color folks are using for an OEM-style look to the metal retaining trim?

IMG_20200604_121254222.jpg

Brown trim looks good with brown interior. Dark gray trim came with gray interior. Whatever color you choose, powdercoat it. Don't paint it or anything else inside the cab unless you like smelling paint solvent vapors for a long long time.

@OSS it's an interior swap so, I already have door cards, console, dash in dark grey.

Powder coating would be a very nice touch. But a total hassle since there aren't any local powder coating shops near me (likely 1 hour away x pickup and drop off).

So dark grey it is!

Thank you

Hello!

I am slowly and methodically swapping my tired brown attire to a blue/grey interior.

What is the best color folks are using for an OEM-style look to the metal retaining trim?

View attachment 2329842
Hello!

View attachment 2329842
This is how I approached my recent interior refresh.

0BB9CA1E-8B8F-4651-BEBA-EDD80CDA94C8.jpeg

@JramFJ looking good.

Did you use charcoal gray SEM?

Also, looks like you redid the gauge cluster too. Is that a white?

Like the contrast.

Very nice.

@JramFJ looking good.

Did you use charcoal gray SEM?

Also, looks like you redid the gauge cluster too. Is that a white?

Like the contrast.

Very nice.
Thanks. I used a charcoal gray on the metal trim. Yeah, came with the white cluster. Thought about paining it for a second until so found out what could go wrong if you remove the panel. Sometimes you have to just let things be!

Here is a late update - I finally got around to prepping the metal trim around the rear seat. I was able to get some good primer on to the pieces before adding the SEM Graphite 15303. I'll be installing the trim back on the bench once they get back from being reupholstered. The SEM graphite is a really nice match to the OEM color scheme.

IMG_0382.jpg

IMG_0389.jpg

IMG_0402.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom