Back of Sunroof tilted down (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey folks, I noticed a lot of water on my driver and passenger side floor, as I was inspecting the sunroof I noticed that the back of it is tilted down. I tried using the tilt up option and nothing happened, I also opened it all the way and closed it and no change. I attached a picture, any ideas how to fix this? Thanks!

D42C1722-6F16-4E60-BE0C-5C1526DCEC0D.jpeg

Hey folks, I noticed a lot of water on my driver and passenger side floor, as I was inspecting the sunroof I noticed that the back of it is tilted down. I tried using the tilt up option and nothing happened, I also opened it all the way and closed it and no change. I attached a picture, any ideas how to fix this? Thanks!

View attachment 2868666
I'll bet it doesn't track well either.

Time for new cables and a rebuild. Get out your wallet. There are two cable sets required as well as small parts. Cables are $450 each.

I currently have a giant magnetic "Band-Aid" over mine to sea out the water until I can rebuild a spare unit I have in the garage, then install it. 24"L x 52"W on the magnetic sheet.

I'll bet it doesn't track well either.

Time for new cables and a rebuild. Get out your wallet. There are two cable sets required as well as small parts. Cables are $450 each.

I currently have a giant magnetic "Band-Aid" over mine to sea out the water until I can rebuild a spare unit I have in the garage, then install it. 24"L x 52"W on the magnetic sheet.
It opens and closes, it just takes a little time for the motor to catch the track. When I do close it, I have to help the last inch of it to close fully.

It opens and closes, it just takes a little time for the motor to catch the track. When I do close it, I have to help the last inch of it to close fully.
That's the same mine did.

There is a manual closing bolt under the dome light that you can put a socket on to attempt to close it more, but it relies on the cables to pull it up the ramps to make it close.

Good luck.

There is a manual closing bolt under the dome light that you can put a socket on to attempt to close it more, but it relies on the cables to pull it up the ramps to make it close.

Good luck.
I will try this right now, I don’t care if the sunroof works, I just want it to close lol.

I couldn’t find the manj

Good luck

Good luck.
I couldn’t find this bolt, can you send me a picture of what it looks like?

As far as I know you are looking to spin the slotted head next to the pink mark. I don't know if you can do the tilt function with this or if it is just for opening/closing.

20210809_130632.jpg

Yes, that's it. Under the FRONT dome light.

If you don't have an FSM, download the right one from the RESOURCES tab above.

From the FSM:
1639862672352.png

What year is your truck?

The 91-94 have the cloth strips in the roof and is a real bugger removing the sunroof. If it is 95+, it has a molded headliner and is MUCH easier to remove the sunroof.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom