Back in the Saddle Again (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

CycloSteve

SILVER Star
Threads
Well, getting a decent tax-refund and considering getting a used or NOS off-road bike. Have the :princess: blessing as she too is mulling some fun in the dirt. ;)

So, it has been 10 years since I sold my GSXR, and close to 30 since I had my last dirtbike as a teenager. Technology moves on, and my preferences are for a more torquey and low-maintenance bike instead of a two-stroke manic machine.

Looking at the Yamaha WR250F green-sticker model (seem to be unchanged from 2007 to now), and also KTM (ooh they are pricey, even used).

So, what are the Mud-thoughts out there about the Y vs. the K?

:cheers:

Steve

Well, I truly have been spoiled with MUD and how well it helps with the Cruiser.

Any thoughts on decent Mud-like-sites for off-road bikes that anyone can share? This community is excellent for the truck, just hoping to find a similar online group for the bike.

BTW heavily considering getting a NOS one which is a few hours away...seems like a good deal. Might take a look at this one (actually three in stock) this weekend.

2009 YAMAHA WR250F, WR 250F for sale in Sacramento, California - CycleTrader.com

Heading out this Sunday to do a ride on a friends 2006 model, and another buddies KTM. Should be fun.

Lastly, what sort of trailers are you guys using behind your rigs? Bike-specific rail-types, or just a standard utility trailer and a set of Ancra straps?

:cheers: and thanks for any advice to point me in the right direction.

Steve

Hard to go wrong with the ktm.

I use a receiver mount bike rack. It makes it easier on me, as I don't always have room to store a trailer.

No reason to buy new IMO. Plenty of good bikes out there for half the price. :meh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom