Back in the saddle - 2021 LC (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Picked up a '21 LC with 3,700 miles on it earlier this week. Very glad to be back in the saddle.

My 2013 LC was sold with 348,000 miles last year and was the best vehicle I've ever owned. Here's to the next 350,000 miles.

P.S. Shake down run was driving it 1,100 miles home. A walk in the park...

Cheers, y'all.

2021.LC.delivery.jpeg

2021.LC.initial.miles.jpeg

2013.LC.348570miles.jpg

Doing the Landcruiser brand proud.

Congrats!

What did you pay?
Between 92k - 100k. Not sure why I don't want to say specifics.

As my dad always use to say, "A used vehicle is worth what someone is willing to pay." I'm sure I paid a premium but felt it was worth it due to low miles, single owner, clean history, etc. First used vehicle I have purchased in over 30 years.

As my dad always use to say, "A used vehicle is worth what someone is willing to pay." I'm sure I paid a premium but felt it was worth it due to low miles, single owner, clean history, etc. First used vehicle I have purchased in over 30 years.
I had intended to buy a new one two years ago, but business and kid's college demanded more money at that time. Glad this worked out.

I don’t want to speak for OP but if I wanted a vehicle to give me 350k trouble free miles there isn’t another vehicle that comes close in likelihood of delivering that.

For crazy road milage needs why choose such a poor MPG vehicle? LC 200 aren't the most comfortable/luxurious for road warriors in that price range
It’s not about the number of miles or “how was my MPG on that trip” for me. It’s about the people I’m with, where we go, and what we do along the way. I love doing all of that in a Land Cruiser.

I would also contend that it is the most comfortable/luxurious vehicle if you want tow fairly heavy trailers, take it hunting, load dogs in the back, take epic family road trips, take clients to lunch, and use it as a daily driver running your own business. Not to mention the most dependable.

While I do wish the LC got better mileage, I don’t remember all the fuel used in the last one. I remember the adventures. And there will be plenty more with this one.

Cheers.

On the truck with 350k can you speak of what type of issues, failures you experienced in that time frame, that’s pretty incredible

It’s not about the number of miles or “how was my MPG on that trip” for me. It’s about the people I’m with, where we go, and what we do along the way.
This is our attitude as well.

Our first fill up with the low fuel light on, including the 40 gallon LRA, was very memorable. We were all “holy cow, I can’t believe we got 550 miles while towing! We’re making killer time!” This was on our first real trip with it, 2 kids in car seats and 3 weeks of travel and trails ahead of us… amazing vehicle, amazing memories and we’re only 8 months in with it. We’ve never once complained about the fuel cost, only the lame gas pumps that shut off at $125 and make you swipe the card multiple times.

Welcome back to the club.

Don’t worry about what you paid! You’ve got the right attitude about it. I only found out in hindsight I did okay on my LX but it really didn’t matter I wanted a rare color combo and found the right truck and bought it.

here’s to many more miles for your family to enjoy :beer:

Congratulations! Well bought! I have so much confidence in my LX I never think about the cost of ownership. Just like anything, you get what you pay for!

On the truck with 350k can you speak of what type of issues, failures you experienced in that time frame, that’s pretty incredible
Two repairs, both times the valley coolant leak. First time at 225k miles and then again at 320k (check previous posts for sanity check on miles). Other than that, oil changes with AMSoil (and @bjowett 's awesome cap), tires, brakes a couple times, and a little bit of gas. Haha.

"Proactively" replaced stock water pump, starter, and radiator at just over 300,000 miles. No issues but figured it was time.
Best comfort and long distance all-around tires were Michelin LTX Defenders. I went E rated and got 90k+ miles out of sets twice.
Put on Ridge Grapplers last. Loved the look and "basic" trail/deer lease trail work performance. Didn't have it long enough to see life of that tire.

There's some other posts from me that provide more details. But those are the major points.

It did develop a head gasket leak at 345k. My logic was that I was due for other stuff to start wearing out (AC, screen in dash, etc.), and we had to take care of some kid college expenses and business expenses. Sold it for $20,000 with those miles and the head gasket leak. Leak had progressed to wear you couldn't drive more than an hour before having dangerous low coolant levels. I would have dropped a crated engine in it if Toyota sold them. It was an awesome truck.

I think we hit 19 states, a dozen national parks, and more state parks than I remember. Shakedown trip was 4,500 miles in the first month going up into Yellowstone and then through midwest on the way home. Towed 7000# capacity utility trailer often with various loads up to the limit. One of its last vacation trips, we rented a 25' Airstream in San Diego and drove it up the coast into Yosemite and Sequoia National Parks. Put the Texas-San Diego run on either side of that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom