Back in the market for a cruiser (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

That's actually the one I test drove. I'm tempered due to the price and it drove well but it needs a number of things not mentioned in the ad

It's mainly cosmetic. Needs a new window motor, leather reconditioning, some undefined exhaust noise (though it recently passed emissions) possibly the most stained carpet I've seen in a long time (there is probably more stained than non stained carpet). A little paint work. Since it's going to be my daily, appearance is a bit important, no antenna too!

i went back for another look and ran it next door to a mechanic for a quick once over. He said it needed front axles and either a cat or gasket on the cat. I also noticed a transmission clunk. Frame was pretty good though! I passed on it.

Thought about this thread yesterday- at the target in Gainesville, VA someone has/had their silver '01 in the parking lot with for sale signs on it. Tires have dry rot in between the treads, looks like they just had the truck washed based on tire shine. Frame rust wasn't terrible in my opinion, but I also didn't get to spend much time looking at it. No other info given except phone #. All in all looked OK but you never know till you open the hood, tailgate, etc. I can send you the phone # they had if you want it. No price was on the for sale signs...

Thanks for looking out! pm me their number and I'll give them a call!

@D21FJ60 just thought I'd update this thread. I actually met the guys selling the Gainesville one but he showed up so late I couldn't finanlize a deal On the spot (like I was sitting in the chantilly target for over an hour and went shopping while I waited). I made him an offer and it was too late.

On another note, if anyone has noticed the 120k LX at Audi in Tyson's.... there's a truck that needs some money dumped in it. No idea how it passed even VA inspection. Leaking axles, steering tack, thermostats Ts, no timing belt service, AHC is sort of working and super low on fluid, 3 different tires and one is a snow tire!

Who would've thought this would take so long!

I was wondering how your search was going. I saw the one in gainesville a few weeks later and looked at it again...still teh same vague description on the paper in teh window. How was it? What was he asking? Wife and I drove around on saturday and just for fun looked at a few...rust buckets...100 and a 200 series...

It was quite clean and he wanted $6500 though he later offered it to me for $5500. I figured i would need to dump about 4-4500 into it out the gate so that was why I didn't jump on it. It also felt a little sluggish..

Frame was nice though. Spent most of its life in Georgia

Not really. When I got back to him he had sold it that morning

Soon! Well should be Monday or Tuesday. The seller/dealer is waiting on a fog light housing that the MD inspector failed for being cracked. Otherwise, he's replacing some rotors and a tail light.

I am going to MVA Monday morning to make sure everything here is kosher from a title standpoint (I have a pic of it) The vehicle was re-assigned from one dealer to another and then that dealers name was crossed out and another added. All I really know about the seller is that he has a WV dealers license.

This doesn't sound like a promising truck when I write this! Haha. But I can say I'm pretty confident it's a good buy. Most of its life has been in Florida (so very little corrosion undernieth ), 138k , front seats were recovered not too long ago and look practically new, AHC might need a tune up and without record of a timing belt service, that will be completed pronto!

Once it's baselined, Ive got a pretty good gameplan for mods! And sadly, my fj60 will more than likely be for sale....

So I think I got a killer deal. Finally picked it up! Pics to come

An LX470 with 138k for $6000! Yes thank you!

Got it from a guy in Rockville off Craigslist. He was selling it with a WV dealers license. Replaced a tail light, fog light, front rotors and pads plus some other stuff to pass MD inspection

Couple small things for me to do but nothing major. The water pump (at least I think it's the water pump!) looks shiny. Wonder if the TBelt service has been done...

IMG_6890.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom