Back in the Game!! (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm Backkkkk!!!..

6 years ago I stopped wheeling. We had our first kid lol. I didn't have time or funds for trucks at the time. I sold all 3 of my rigs over the past 6 years. I really regret selling my 98 Tacoma and wish I knew where it ended up. But 2 days ago I got this stock 85 pickup its just been a little farm truck until now. I cant wait to turn it into a nice rig for me and my Boy! I'll try to keep updates of the build up as it all goes down.

20220601_203457.jpg

Nice! Looks like it may have been an SR5 truck, does it have EFI and those cool "SR5" seats?

Nice! Looks like it may have been an SR5 truck, does it have EFI and those cool "SR5" seats?
It is the SR5. It does have the cool seats. And they are in great shape. Unfortunately someone thought it was a good idea to convert it over to Carb bc the EFI had issues. But its ok ill make the best of it. Maybe ill get lucky and find some EFI stuff or just propane it .

It is the SR5. It does have the cool seats. And they are in great shape. Unfortunately someone thought it was a good idea to convert it over to Carb bc the EFI had issues. But its ok ill make the best of it. Maybe ill get lucky and find some EFI stuff or just propane it .
If you are going to get rid of the carb, I would recommend going 3RZ. If you are going to go through all the work to take it back to EFI, you might as well upgrade.

If you are going to get rid of the carb, I would recommend going 3RZ. If you are going to go through all the work to take it back to EFI, you might as well upgrade.
Yea that's a grand idea. Ill do some rsch on it.

In the past 2 days I got the new weber on it. Fixed the dash lights, put in a new radio, Fixed and painted the aisin hubs and Got the bed off to get ready for the 63" kit and the flat bed.

20220606_150918.jpg

20220606_201043.jpg

20220606_204349.jpg

Are you planning to run a fuel regulator? That stock pump is much too high for the Weber. I didn't run one at first and ruined the seals on my carb.

Are you planning to run a fuel regulator? That stock pump is much too high for the Weber. I didn't run one at first and ruined the seals on my carb.
Yes. I did alot of rsch on it last night. I noticed yesterday that it don't like WOT. I called a buddy and he said the same thing. After looking at the specs of the carb and the mechanical fuel pump I realized I needed one. Thanks for the good advice!

I got the Fuel pressure regulator on and some new plugs and it made a big difference as far as how peppy she is. I have the sliders 90% welded on. Gotta get more wire tomorrow. I got the headlights installed. I'm just waiting on the H4 harness. Also cleaned the frame up and got a fresh coat on there to prevent any rust. When the sun rises i will get more wire finish the sliders and swap out the rear diff for my welded diff.
20220614_143332.jpg

20220614_174505.jpg

Some decent welds

20220612_201141.jpg

20220612_201153.jpg

Got the lift on, the welded diff in the rear and some new shoes.

20220806_215435.jpg

20220806_215449.jpg

@southerntaco98 that's a sweet little truck. I'm curious why you're replacing the OE bed with a flatbed. The OE bed looks good - at least in the pics. Don't get me wrong - I'm a big (!) fan of flatbeds on these trucks. Just curious.

@southerntaco98 that's a sweet little truck. I'm curious why you're replacing the OE bed with a flatbed. The OE bed looks good - at least in the pics. Don't get me wrong - I'm a big (!) fan of flatbeds on these trucks. Just curious.
Just don't like all the metal. Its just gonna get all messed up anyway

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom