Back in the game - 1972 FJ40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I used to own an 84 FJ40 in MI but when I moved to California there was no way it was going to pass smog or survive the trip out. Would have rusted out underneath me. So sadly I sold it, promising myself that I'd get another. Eventually picked up an FJ Cruiser, which my wife promptly co-opted into her own vehicle, and now, about 6 year later, I'm finally back in the FJ40 game with this one.
IMG_20190617_182832186_HDR.jpg

It has a number of sensible upgrades, Warn front hubs, a weber carb, OME steering stabilizer, it's been painted (just the exterior) and a few other things here and there. Seats are original and all the original equipment is still with it, the original carb and air cleaner, all the hoses, and the original hubs. So at some point I may do a restoration depending on how it goes.

I already made my first modification, check out this before photo I took when I first got it home and see if you can spot the mod.

It's great to be back. Looking forward to spending more time on the board.

I used to own an 84 FJ40 in MI but when I moved to California there was no way it was going to pass smog or survive the trip out. Would have rusted out underneath me. So sadly I sold it, promising myself that I'd get another. Eventually picked up an FJ Cruiser, which my wife promptly co-opted into her own vehicle, and now, about 6 year later, I'm finally back in the FJ40 game with this one.
View attachment 2006291
It has a number of sensible upgrades, Warn front hubs, a weber carb, OME steering stabilizer, it's been painted (just the exterior) and a few other things here and there. Seats are original and all the original equipment is still with it, the original carb and air cleaner, all the hoses, and the original hubs. So at some point I may do a restoration depending on how it goes.

I already made my first modification, check out this before photo I took when I first got it home and see if you can spot the mod.
View attachment 2006293

It's great to be back. Looking forward to spending more time on the board.

Bezel flip

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom