Back in the Club! (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
southeastadventure.com
It's been a while since I've posted here as I sold my turd of an fzj80 a few years ago. It was funny, after all issues I had with it, my wife swore she would never let me buy another Cruiser.

Fast forward about 3 years of good behavior, begging and pleading, and buying her (us) a house and here we are! I found a beautiful LX locally and the wife actually said "go for it."

This weekend the deal was done and I brought her home and promptly began cleaning, and cleaning and cleaning. She shines up nice after a few shampoos, clay bar mitt and a wax. The interior is okay, needs some love and has definitely been lived in but the seats aren't torn and cracked!

Details:
2005 LX470
172k miles
2 owners (PO bought it CPO)
53 service records at Lexus/Toyota

Waiting on heater T's and associated hoses to R&R, and setting up a (post) purchase inspection later this week.

AHC works great, 12 graduations
Only known issue is the PO hit a pole parking and busted the PS corner light and dented the bumper on the corner.

Happy to be back active on the forum 🙂
img_20210516_201757_312-jpg.2676455

IMG_20210516_201757_409.jpg

IMG_20210516_201757_437.jpg

IMG_20210516_192122.jpg

IMG_20210516_201757_458.jpg

IMG_20210516_201757_312.jpg

Power steering has a seeping leak on the rack that will need to be addressed soon. But all in all, I'm crazy happy about the purchase!

Any recommendations on leather cleaners and restoration products? I have McGuire's but if there's something better, I'm open to try!

Power steering has a seeping leak on the rack that will need to be addressed soon. But all in all, I'm crazy happy about the purchase!

Any recommendations on leather cleaners and restoration products? I have McGuire's but if there's something better, I'm open to try!
Lots and LOTS of good brands besides Meguiars. I have been using lots of GTechniq products lately. A little more expensive but for sure worth it. Their I2 Tri Clean is a great product to clean and disinfect an interior with. It works great with a steamer.

I am a mobile detailer and here are some of the brands I use. 3D, Shine Supply, Poorboys World, Superior Products you can purchase from O'Reilly, CarPro, Malco, Griots, Koch Chemie and a few more. If you need more info feel free to message me.

Time for a whale tail

Very nice. Looks clean underneath, where it matters. Your torsion bar adjusting bolts are a different color than most, maybe its a year specific/lexus thing.

Very nice. Looks clean underneath, where it matters. Your torsion bar adjusting bolts are a different color than most, maybe its a year specific/lexus thing.
This guy? That's the torsion bar adjusting bolt? (Sorry total newb to this platform). It's pretty far back on the chassis, surprised it would be the Tbars that far back. But like I said, total newb to this platform :)

Inkedthis_LI.jpg

Last edited:
Nice looking rig! I'd pick trashed leather with a rust free undercarriage over super clean and crusty every time. Crappy leather can be easily resolved, crusty metal, not so much.

My mama said to never talk about price paid for things. But no, I didn't pay anywhere near "market" value for it.
I didn't even know people wanted the base model LXs at all

I didn't even know people wanted the base model LXs at all
Thanks for your input, I'm quite happy with just the base. Only thing it's missing is the night vision and I'm okay without it, my eyes work

Did a little baselining this weekend - replaced T's flushed coolant, drain fill front/rear diffs & T-case. Replaced the busted corner light and pooped the dented bumper out.

Waiting on TechStream mini vci cable & will flush the AHC, and baseline soon
Also putting together 180k maintenance (TB/WP & associated parts) - some from Cruiser Outfitters and OEM

Absolutely loving my LX. Now to convince the Mrs to let me remove the steps & get sone Owl Outfitters steps on order - his painted white look top notch!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom