Back in az lets do this bif party (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

lx450landcruiser

Threads
Alright im back in Az since my housing in Co fell through at the moment. I already have all my stuff for doing my birfs minus the socket and the FSM. so whos intrested? What weekend works for you guys? im located in prescott and have room for 2 trucks in the garage and lots of drive way space just out side. I have a big grill on the back deck we could do a BBQ if theres enough intrest. maybe a trail ride before hand? Im up for anything let me know....
3 cruisers .jpg
PICT0004.jpg

I have the 54mm socket and the FSM but that is about it. I am going to be in Prescott this W/E but won't have my parts until next week. I could probably get back up there the last W/E of July. I am a rookie mechanic so hopfully some experienced mechanics can turn up to offer advice, drink beer (I'll provide), laugh, etc Let me know if that W/E would work for ya.

Last edited:
well this doesnt look like near the intrest from before but oh well. I may just try and tackle the job myself then but any one who wants is welcome to come bye. My guess is ill bedoing the project next weekend unless some one has a better idea. however if people do decide they would like to do this it can still be done at my house at a later date.

mike

Can you wait a week? I need to let my bank account recover after ordering new A/C components for both rigs this week.

well 2 weeks from now ill be back in telluride working on the ranch but how about he 30th? its a sunday if thats ok? i need to order some more parts from dan any ways, now that i look at by brakes i decided to do rotors as well. let me know specific dates that work for you guys and we can sum it all up.

thanks
mike

change in plans

Mike,

30th or 31st will work for me. :) Keep me posted.

medtro,

Film away.

hj60,

Hope you can make it, I'll bring the beer.

Last edited:
azaussie unless some other people chime in here and theres enough convincing about a date change i think we should plan on the 30th? i have most my parts minus the rotors i also have new snap ring pliers,12 rolls of shop towls and a gasket puller so that should help things.

mike

scratxh that date looks likei cant get back to az till the 30th at night so i guess it will have to be the 31st if we wait that long. azaussie do you have the fish scale as well? i dont have one but i guess there not to expensive to pick one up before hand. The third garage is cleaned out now so theres room for 3 trucks in the garage and the work bench is cleaned off as well. looking forward to this job.

mike

Mike,

No worries, the 31st is fine for me. I will pick up a fish scale.

Tim

Mike,

No worries, the 31st is fine for me. I will pick up a fish scale. I'm not sure if I plan on seperating the birf from the inner axle but I thought I would get a pipe for the job just in case.

Tim

azaussie said:
Mike,

No worries, the 31st is fine for me. I will pick up a fish scale. I'm not sure if I plan on seperating the birf from the inner axle but I thought I would get a pipe for the job just in case.

Tim

HAHAHA youve been reading all thos posts latly on the birf repacks. I have to go to the steel yard soon so ill pick up the correct pipe.

mike

Still have room for a 3rd? I might be interested in doing min on the '94. I'm a newb, so any help would be greatly appreciated. Just purchased it this past weekend.

Sure theres room for any one who wants to come even if they just wanna watch, hang out, or BS this will be my first repack and i think azaussie's as well? but any how i think the more heads the better in this case.

thanks
mike

phil you comming or are ya busy? would be nice to have some one whos done it before around? as for the kit wish you had showed me that earlier i would have done that in a heart beat you dont have new rotors do ya? j/k

mike

lx450landcruiser said:
HAHAHA youve been reading all thos posts latly on the birf repacks. I have to go to the steel yard soon so ill pick up the correct pipe.

mike

Yeah, I have been reading those posts on the birf repack - to seperate or not to seperate that is the question... :confused:

I'll take the pipe off my shopping list.

lx450landcruiser said:
Sure theres room for any one who wants to come even if they just wanna watch, hang out, or BS this will be my first repack and i think azaussie's as well? but any how i think the more heads the better in this case.

thanks
mike

Yep, My first repack.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom