Back in a wagon - 2007 LX470 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I did a flush on mine the weekend before last. It passed the "serviceability" test before I did the flush. I didn't have any ride-quality issues going into the flush, so there wasn't going to be much of a noticeable difference once I did the service.

I'm doing the same thing you are, I'm going to keep it as-is too. Unless the system starts to fail or turn into a money pit, I'll likely keep it that way longterm.

Since this is replacing the S3, is the truck going to be your DD? Any future plans for mods?

Yeah this will be my daily. Aside from lights and maybe rear drawers I don’t ‘plan’ on any mods...we’ll see how that works out.

Thanks!

It looked ‘fine’ in the reservoir but I plan to do a few drain and refills over the next couple months to replace the old with new. I’ve got a steep learning curve regarding the AHC system. My preference is to keep it as-is and functioning as intended.
Tons of stuff in the 100 series forum.
Search for PADDO’s AHC threads. Everything you need to know, you’ll find.
In the event you ever have globe issues, Plaedies makes globes for about 50% the cost of Mr. T. So far I’ve had good luck with mine.

Last edited:
Yeah this will be my daily. Aside from lights and maybe rear drawers I don’t ‘plan’ on any mods...we’ll see how that works out.

I might start a pool ;) Congrats on a nice rig man, just realized I never said that earlier. Super clean.

Go Team Lexus!

DC4A5AF0-2308-425B-8ABE-9449AC7EEE8F.jpeg

Nice LX!

I might start a pool ;) Congrats on a nice rig man, just realized I never said that earlier. Super clean.

The safe money isn’t on ‘no mods’...but I did drive my 80 for 2ish years before meeting Mr Free the enabler!!

Hey now. I simply said nice 80.... it would look great with a little lift and 33s

Btw.... nice 470. It’d look great with a little lift and 33s :grinpimp:

The safe money isn’t on ‘no mods’...but I did drive my 80 for 2ish years before meeting Mr Free the enabler!!
Hey now. I simply said nice 80.... it would look great with a little lift and 33s

Btw.... nice 470. It’d look great with a little lift and 33s :grinpimp:

Let’s archive this and wait until the new girl needs shoes, usual trigger point for me...:hmm::grinpimp:

My trigger point is when my wife's alternator dies in her 80 :)

Nice looking truck, hope that it serves you well.

Sweet ride my friend! Looks familiar.

I think the projector beam upgrade you mentioned is a solid choice. I'm not too impressed with our 2005s low beams, but as @JohnVee said, the high beams are great. @Hokie LX has the Acura TSX HID projector beam upgrade/retrofit, that looked like a really good upgrade to me.

How is the AHC fluid looking on that truck?

Yup, I swapped Acura TSX D2S projectors into my truck. You can definitely swap in the Morimoto D2S 5.0s but keep in mind that they are 3" projectors and the stock are 2.5. The TSX projectors are also 2.5" so no fitment issues. My HID upgrade is far and away the best thing I've done to my truck!

If you have any questions about the HID retrofit, let me know. This wasn't available when I did mine but Luke111 is making a nice bolt-in bracket for various projectors.

Yup, I swapped Acura TSX D2S projectors into my truck. You can definitely swap in the Morimoto D2S 5.0s but keep in mind that they are 3" projectors and the stock are 2.5. The TSX projectors are also 2.5" so no fitment issues. My HID upgrade is far and away the best thing I've done to my truck!

If you have any questions about the HID retrofit, let me know. This wasn't available when I did mine but Luke111 is making a nice bolt-in bracket for various projectors.

Thanks! I might just buy a pair of retrofitted housings from Lou and be done with it! Not cheap tho!

Thanks! I might just buy a pair of retrofitted housings from Lou and be done with it! Not cheap tho!

Definitely not cheap but would save you the hassle. Took me ~5 hours to do my retrofit and aim them.

Btw, great find! Super clean truck.

Bigger size fills up the wheel wells and looks correct however will effect speedo and fuel economy - trade offs

Very nice. I think I started my thread saying the same thing. “I regretted selling my 80...”

I brought my 80 on the move. And now that I’m here I’m gonna need a daily. The 100 I had was great for it. I’m already looking for a 100 local for cash. The 200s are tempting though.

Well...the ‘mod’ bug has hit me hard so far! Nothing major but all what I’d categorize as ‘essential’.

First up is a sunshade. I’ve had great luck with Covercraft products so it was an easy choice.
779481CD-D495-4BA7-813E-C598AB7C5A7F.jpeg

Next was floor mats. The OEM mats were new 2 years ago and still in great shape but I wanted something ‘all-weather’ style. Weather techs were my first choice but after some browsing I settled on a set of hexomats. Pleased with them so far and went with their ‘extended’ mat for the rear sans cutouts.
CDFF6D60-7B8C-4C25-8B4B-E40572CD55EF.jpeg

Not necessarily a mod, but repair...I polished out ‘most’ of the haze and yellowing of the headlights. They weren’t horrible but noticeably hazed. Meguiars PlastX. 10 minutes and some vigorous rubbing and done! :cautious:
AD7A396F-E58B-478F-9EEA-671020F2514A.jpeg

A ‘new to me’ mod with this car is a silicone license plate pad/wrap. Eliminates license plate to paint contact and adds a stylish touch without the typical plate frame bulk. We’ll see how well it holds up.
634DB1D3-06C2-4F51-AD04-9E0C9E220630.jpeg

Wrapping up this initial round of mods is a yotaMD titanium key cover. By far the most pleasing mod so far. I must have looked wrong at one of the Lexus covers (plastic clamshell BS design) and it literally fell apart in my hands. This one should last!
97B7C150-F914-40EB-A966-ACD687BBD7B4.jpeg

Well...the ‘mod’ bug has hit me hard so far! Nothing major but all what I’d categorize as ‘essential’.

First up is a sunshade. I’ve had great luck with Covercraft products so it was an easy choice.
View attachment 2091805

Next was floor mats. The OEM mats were new 2 years ago and still in great shape but I wanted something ‘all-weather’ style. Weather techs were my first choice but after some browsing I settled on a set of hexomats. Pleased with them so far and went with their ‘extended’ mat for the rear sans cutouts.
View attachment 2091806

Not necessarily a mod, but repair...I polished out ‘most’ of the haze and yellowing of the headlights. They weren’t horrible but noticeably hazed. Meguiars PlastX. 10 minutes and some vigorous rubbing and done! :cautious:
View attachment 2091803

A ‘new to me’ mod with this car is a silicone license plate pad/wrap. Eliminates license plate to paint contact and adds a stylish touch without the typical plate frame bulk. We’ll see how well it holds up.
View attachment 2091804

Wrapping up this initial round of mods is a yotaMD titanium key cover. By far the most pleasing mod so far. I must have looked wrong at one of the Lexus covers (plastic clamshell BS design) and it literally fell apart in my hands. This one should last!
View attachment 2091807
I had a key crumble last year and have been thinking of this since. So... worth the coin?

I had a key crumble last year and have been thinking of this since. So... worth the coin?

I mean...one could get 7 cheap replacement plastic covers for the same cost BUT this one has titanium inside! It does feel really stout and doesn’t bend/flex/crinkle when turning the ignition. I’ve only had it 5 hours so personal use verdict is still out. They get pretty good reviews (aside from folks complaining about the black oxide screws rusting - he sends stainless ones too so I used them)

A few weeks ago I drove the lx in the dark for the first time and holy crap these headlights are pretty poor, es[ecially after driving new cars with really bright lights. So i took the plunge and got me a pair of new OEM glass headlight housing and had them retrofitted with Morimoto D2S bi-xenon projectors/ballasts/etc. I will be adding Lamin-x film to these in hopes of protecting the glass lenses from chips/cracks.

Hope to find some time over the next month or so to get them swapped in!

49541023571_29060e0dac_c.jpg

49540523973_c847ed3d3d_c.jpg
[/url]

No pics but I also did a paint correction a couple weeks ago. Has helped keep the white paint looking cleaner longer b/w washes.

I have some PM items planned for the spring, flush AHC, replace steering rack bushings, heater 'Ts' and diff/tcase fluid changes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom