Back From The Dead ! Dr_Claw's FJ45 Build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Wiring is VERY close to being finished.

I only have the windshield wiper bug sprayer to hook up!

wires1.jpg

wires3.jpg

Well.... so much for being close and so much for updating this thread more often.

The news of the day is that it started and ran today!

From a rusty bucket of bolts to what it is now is a huge achievement that has taken about 8 years.

The down side is that my fuel lines were leaking.... the oil pressure gauge reads "0" and I have a knocking coming from the top end of my brand new engine.

I will be pulling off the valve covers tomorrow to figure out what is up.

:doh:

first thing I would check is the distributer, is it down all the way? Then pull the distributer and make sure the oil pump rod is there, then I would prime with a drill to see if you get presure, if not ,pan needs to come off and check the oil pump, you will have plenty of top end noise with no presure, and bottom end if run too long, hth , truck looks great! I have the same efi and it works well!

Well my face is a little red. (Embarrassed, a little drunk, and sun burnt :p)

Apparently, the oil drive-shaft rod was.... well..... not there.

It seems after rebuilding everything.... and I mean everything.... I was bound to forget something. Unfortunately it was a $13.22 oil pump drive shaft. But heck.... I guess that is was assembly lube is for :D

I tore the pan off today, put one of those one piece fel pro oil pan gaskets.... and actually primed the pump. Gauge reads something now :)

I broke in the cam, and turned the 45 around in the yard. I still have to do timing, We will see:grinpimp:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom