back door speakers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Welcome. Try using the search function in the top right. There are very few options that meet this criteria. Most go with the pioneers.

looking to upgrade any ideas not looking to cut my door or drill new holes thanks

Go onto Crutchfields web page and type in your model...there is a few options of nice speakers

33c7eca2aaeecf6a2ef305e62ddbd6c6.png

I just put in these pioneers front and back a couple months ago. Back was easier than front. No cutting, I did drill some mounting holes however.
image.jpg

I didn't want to cut or drill my door panel or door either, so I fit a set of 4" Polk Audio speakers in the back doors (DB401). I did have to cut out the basket and glue the new speakers to the baskets though.

DSC_0759.jpg

W_VWV5UVbbqoC5mpjd6PX7Z0B8dYL3I_VuyJ6k1UcAg=w1123-h842-no

DSC_0764.jpg

DSC_0765.jpg

I did this a number of years ago, so I'm not sure if those speakers are still made or not.

looking to upgrade any ideas not looking to cut my door or drill new holes thanks

TexasKnowHow on youtube has a method to do it leaving them almost 100% OEM looking. It's hard to find a speaker that will fit perfectly because of the lack of depth inside the door panel, so he adds a wood ring spacer he puts behind a couple of them to make them sit right and using the OEM grille. That's the route i'm going for.

i don't see back door speakers on Crutchfields i have a 1994
Just finished front and back door speaker replacement on my ‘94 FZJ80. Front door holes are very shallow per window track behind it, ergo the funny pancake OEM’ s. I found as others have that Pioneer TS-G1645 6.5“ speakers work fine without any door frame or panel modification. Just break off the four mounting ears attached to the speaker rim and use 1”-#12 sheet metal screws through existing holes in the speaker rim that align perfectly with the mounting holes used by the old OEM speakers. There are a lot of posts about the back door 4” speakers requiring the back of the existing plastic speaker basket be cut away so it can be reused if one wishes to retain the OEM grills. A Dremel works real well here. I used Pioneer TS-G1020s 4”. There is some minor fitment required to anchor the speaker in the modified basket. Break off one mounting ear, bend the other three backward 90 degrees and use small screws or rivets to anchor speaker in the basket using care to not block the holes where the grill tabs go. As I said there a lot of threads about this with pictures.

For those going with the Pioneer TS-G400 4" for rear door, it is very close fit. Instead of cutting out the back or the stock bracket, I 3D-printed 2mm spacer, and tape them together. The stock cover works as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom