1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Back Again

Discussion in '80-Series Tech' started by Jim_Phillips, Mar 1, 2004.

1. Jim_Phillips

Jim_Phillips

Dan, -B-, Ron, Junk, Woody, LandPimp/Toy/Tank, -H-, BadReligion, Rogue, Tyler ... and anyone else that remembers me..

Just wanted to say hi. I've got over my temporary Nissan infatuation and have once more got it together with a Landcruiser. Not an 80 this time - so I won't be posting in this section, but an HJ62. For those not familiar with diesel variants, it's a 4.0 litre, straight 6, non turbo diesel with manual gearbox. I bought it on Saturday from the same guy that bought it new in 1989. Only done 81,000 miles and very little rust :D

Anyway, just dropped in to say hi. Glad to see so many of you have still got your 80's. So if anyone needs any UK parts... I'm here.

Cheers, Jim :beer:

2. PHAEDRUS

PHAEDRUS

Good to hear from you Jim,
    So did you lose the patrol or just added the 62?
    Dave

3. Jim_Phillips

Jim_Phillips

The Patrol was axed in a cost cutting excercise due to imminent new house purchase. I had too much money tied up in it and am quite happy to be in a 15 y/o Toyota rather than 3 y/o Nissan...

4. T Y L E R

T Y L E R

[glow=black,2,2]Good move Jim !

Just ask your squirrel friend there , he'll agree .. not good to have all yer nuts in one sak ... :D

Raising a pint in your direction ... :cheers:[/glow]

[glow=black,2,2]T Y L E R

[color=0000FF]T[/color][color=0008FF]O[/color][color=0010FF]Y[/color][color=0018FF]O[/color][color=0020FF]T[/color][color=0028FF]A [/color][color=0030FF]F[/color][color=0038FF]Z[/color][color=0040FF]J[/color][color=0048FF]8[/color][color=0050FF]0 [/color][color=0058FF]C[/color][color=0060FF]R[/color][color=0068FF]U[/color][color=0070FF]I[/color][color=0078FF]S[/color][color=0080FF]E[/color][color=0088FF]R[/color][color=0090FF]S [/color][color=0098FF]R[/color][color=00A0FF]O[/color][color=00A8FF]C[/color][color=00B0FF]K [/color][color=00B8FF]![/color][color=00C0FF]![/color][color=00C8FF]![/color][/glow]

5. ParadiseCruiser

ParadiseCruiser

Sir Jim !

Knew you'd come to your senses and rejoin the LC ranks ;)

Good to hear from you. Hope the Ms & the little ones are well...

Best, Ron -

6. Eduardo96FZJ80

Eduardo96FZJ80

7. Brentbba

Brentbba Former Golfer SILVER Star

Congrats Jim! Welcome back from the dark side. :cheers:

8. Big_Moose

Big_Moose

Jim

Glad your back!

The pull of the darkside is strong young one, but, the will of the Landcruiser will always prevail!

God Save the Queen - another is saved! :D

Time for a Turbo - NICE Cruiser

Joe

9. Jim_Phillips

Jim_Phillips

Turbo...Mmmm

So nice to be back. I used to have a lot of laughs with all of you. It was fun, I learnt a lot and missed it after I sold the 80.

10. cruiserdan

cruiserdan SupportingVendor Emeritus Moderator

Surrounded by Cruisers from all over the world
    It's about damn time. :mad:

I need assistance with my WIDGET sorting. :D

I am designing a "pitting" tool of sorts to save time opening the cans, can you assist with the hydraulics? ;)

D-

11. Beowulf

Beowulf

Jim,

Seeing you back here and with a cruiser is good news and bad news. The good news is that a valued friend will be hanging around.

The bad news is that you'll be needing that nifty 54mm hub socket for the 62 some day so it's unlikely you'll be sending it to me as you promised. Oh well..... :(

-B-

12. CDN_Cruiser

CDN_Cruiser

A fine choice and a very nice rig. The great thing about 60's is that they are HUGE! The boxy back is much better for cargo and long enough for sleeping. The diesel is a great engine (I had a BJ60) - amazing fuel economy and, best of all, fantastic engine braking.

Welcome home.

13. BMT

BMT

Glad to see you back. Now we can ask all those stupid questions about equipment we can't get here in the states. :beer: :cheers:

14. tenncrusher

tenncrusher

15. Hltoppr

Hltoppr

Media:
    Albums:
    Port of Indecision...otherwise Northern Arizona
    Excellent Jim!

Welcome Back!

I might have to pop a Boddingtons out of the fridge to celebrate!

-H-

Hey....just a quick question...when Brits go running on a path/sidewalk, etc. do they run on the left side?

Seriously...I'm looking for an answer! :)

16. cruiserdan

cruiserdan SupportingVendor Emeritus Moderator

Surrounded by Cruisers from all over the world
    [quote author=Hltoppr link=board=2;threadid=12337;start=msg113387#msg113387 date=1078185072]

Hey....just a quick question...when Brits go running on a path/sidewalk, etc. do they run on the left side?

Seriously...I'm looking for an answer! :)
    [/quote]

Do you mean as opposed to a "silly walk" or the direction of travel. :D

17. landtank

landtank SILVER Star

Welcome back Jim :cheers:. Truck looks real nice. Had me a FJ60 for quite a while, should have never sold it.

Dan, already with the hydraulic jokes :slap:, I was hoping he'd start up on that tire carrier again.

18. Jim_Phillips

Jim_Phillips

Oh dear oh dear. Alright, I'll rise to the bait on the Hydraulics just so this can stay in the 80 section and not get moved to chat. Somebody please make a rear tyre carrier based on a hydraulic ram - I had the idea but someone else now needs to prove the concept. No need for more jokes about British engineering and oil leaks. As for the 54mm hub socket - I stand by that piece of engineering. No one will be surprised to know that it still has another 1000 years before the use by date is up. At least everyone is agreed on the contribution of British engineering in the widget design. That's one of our best :D

-H- as I'm running in the London Marathon in April I have been doing my fair share of jogging. I can tell you that in general I run into the direction of the traffic (r/h side) and on the right hand side of the pavement. This is so that I can see the vehicles coming towards me and move if necessary. I run on the right of the pavement to avoid being splashed by puddles. .. What sort of question is that anyway? Now this will get moved into chat.

:cheers:Jim

19. Hltoppr

Hltoppr

Media:
    Albums:
    Port of Indecision...otherwise Northern Arizona
    Jim,

I had just noticed when running on an "urban trail" here in Flagstaff that the traffic pattern was identical to the way us Yanks drive...made me wonder if those of y'all in lefty nations mimiced the driving patterns when running too. Neurotic, I know. ::)

(80's content for Junk....my steering box is still leaking and since it's cold and snowy I haven't had a chance to take it off and have it rebuilt.)

-H- :beer:

20. Mr.Bryan

Mr.Bryan

Hi, Jim glad to see your back. Nice rig too.

I was thinking about your hydraulic arm idea, and I dont think it would be too hard if you had the parts. It wouldnt take much either. I'll try and post a drawing, I just have to find a scanner first. My only concern would be about off-road ability. I.E. mud or sand or any other form of dirt/grime screwing up the ram.

Anywho, welcome back.

Bryan

data-matched-content-rows-num="2,1" data-matched-content-columns-num="1,4" data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">