Back again! '02 LC (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
20221014_174928.jpg

Can't stay away. Had a '99 LX 5 years ago. Then bounced around to 2 GXs, a TJ Wrangler, and even a Wrangler Unlimited. Just picked up this '02 Land Cruiser, 199k. Took of the running boards, added some new tires, and going to start catching up on all basic maintenance. Have a lot of old posts to read through. I did like the GXs but the Land Cruiser is just more comfortable for me. Some pics to get started. I'll see how much work I can get done this weekend.

Land Cruiser Under Hood.jpg
20221012_172243.jpg
20221014_174917.jpg

Had some getting to know you time with the new truck. Crawling under and around your new truck doing simple maintenance is a good way to catch and identify issues.

Coolant drained and filled, new upper and lower radiator hoses, new thermostat. Fresh oil change. Tourqed as many valve cover bolts as I could. Most were loose. I need to replace the valve cover gaskets but it's barely seeping on the passenger side. Oil pan gasket needs to be replaced. Plenty of rusty bolts underneath. Started hitting some with PB blaster.

Have a toyota dealer that has a good online store near me. Their prices are always good and I can save on shipping. I try to get as much OEM as possible.

Got it back together and drove around a little. GX470s are great but being back in a 100 series, I just like it better. The seats, space, view from the drivers seat. I just love it.

Fantastic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom