Back after a few years looking for another Land Cruiser (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.hellscanyondesigns.com
Hey Everyone,

Long time member but just back looking for another Land Cruiser. Sold my 80 series here a long time ago now looking for a 100 series, LX470, or maybe a 2008 or 2009 200 series.

I have been researching again for the last 2 weeks devouring info and reading lots of threads. I'm not a hardcore, huge boulder crawler mostly just fishing in the backcountry, gravel roads washboard roads, and need room for 4 and stuff. Family is in Salem and we get snow so a good snow rig is important also. I drive about 15K a year. Currently in a 2018 Tundra CrewMax Limited.

I do love my truck just tired of paying for it and the second college kid in a row. So I am thinking Land Cruiser again, I loved the first one and figure another LC would be fun to drive for a while again and no or low payment would be cool as well.

I have been looking and there seems to be some difference between the KBB book and asking prices. I am aware of the timing Belts and Water Pump and want a well-maintained rig. I don't mind doing some maint and have the tools and knowledge, although not my favorite thing anymore.

I keep seeing this rig:
2000 Toyota Landcruiser Sport Utility 4D
and wonder if anyone knows it or has looked at it? I can't seem to find much on a 50th anniversary Land Cruiser. In fact it seems 2001 would have been the year. I do like the maint seems to be up to date, I do like the rack as I want to do a RTT and an awning. I am hoping to buy a cruiser in the next month or so.

It looks like many rigs in the Seattle/Portland areas. Some at the little dealers look good until you do a yelp search on the dealer ist self then a bit scary.

Anyway kind of an introduction again and I hope to be back in the fold once again sometime soon.

Thanks

Phil
Lewiston, Idaho

I think the 2000 model is closer to a 43rd anniverary edition when the 40th was on a '97 model.

Open a mytoyota account and pull the history using the VIN. I wouldn't buy that the dealer has done all that maintenance unless they have receipts. What is "rebuilding the cooling system"? And why?

The thing that kills 100s is overheating. Be cautious.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom