bachwards fan

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
heres a tech of the day question.

if i have a reverse rotation fan on a chevy fan clutch can i take the fan off the clutch and turn it around and put it back on the clutch and it now becomes a standard rotation fan????????????
as in this is a reverse can it be make a standard by installing the fan backwards?????
$(KGrHqQOKi4E3OmyNUd,BN3-vN)WUQ~~_3.jpg

I don't think so. No experience with this, but? If the fan in the pic rotates clockwise it will be pushing air the wrong way. If the fan blade is reversed the blades will still push air the wrong way. The only difference will be that the curve of each individual blade will be backwards to how it sets in the pic.

BTW, that looks like the metal version of a DMax fan. I used the plastic version on my 6.5 TD. They really pull the air.

Don

I don't think so. No experience with this, but? If the fan in the pic rotates clockwise it will be pushing air the wrong way. If the fan blade is reversed the blades will still push air the wrong way. The only difference will be that the curve of each individual blade will be backwards to how it sets in the pic
Correct. The air flow direction will not be changed by flipping the fan around.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom