baby batter still cookin.....

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by bigndn, Jun 17, 2005.

1. bigndn

bigndn

Media:
    Albums:
    Alright, this is getting ridiculous. Jr was due to arrive June 9th. That was a week-ago yesterday (8 days). FAWK ME!!! Just come out already!! This is mom's 2nd (albeit 7 yrs apart), so the body already knows the deal.....

Anyone have any experiences with baby overdue? Does it help to drive bumpy roads.........drink castor oil..........stand in the corner holding a crow's feather and read from the magical book?

Did anything work for you and what's the most wacko advice you got from someone?

One of my buddies told me to crawl in there and hook up a towstrap......I won't mention that to mama.

Thanks for letting me rant. :mad:

2. brian

brian SILVER Star

better late then early?

3. Deep South Cruisers

Deep South Cruisers 1978 FJ40 ~ 283 V8

sex always seems to work :grinpimp:

no, really :cool:

4. crushers

crushers post ho

ROTFLMAO!!

5. LabRat11

LabRat11

ROTFLMAO.........

Driving a bumpy road worked for me .... no, not my wife ..... ME!!!!

I was 2 weeks late and the old country doc told my dad to take my mom for a drive down a bumpy road. Worked - dad didn't even go home, just srtaight to doc's place.

6. Jman

Jman

Any signs? Contractions?

Our second was a bit stop 'n' start, doc told us to have a glass of wine and go to bed. Worked great--7:45 am #2 was born.

7. stayalert

stayalert

increase tire pressure to 65psi. Watch calender for full moon...worked for us...

I'M KIDDING!!!!! For us Thing 1 was born 3 weeks early and I'm convinced full moon was a factor

8. Doc

Doc

Media:
    Albums:
    twiddle the nipples.

9. wob

wob

Tell her that giving bj's is a sure fire way to make the baby come out.

10. bigndn

bigndn

Media:
    Albums:
    OK, sex doesn't work (I had to sneak off to work on Tues to get some rest, poor lil guy looks like a bloody stump), multiple orgasms don't help (mine don't count), walking don't help (althought it's like one big contraction), bumpy roads don't work (as of yet), and pretty much anything else doesn't either. :crybaby:

I think I'm just gonna have to wait.....FAWK!!! oh s***......mama's up...gotta go.

11. bigndn

bigndn

Media:
    Albums:
    Wob, still nothing.....

12. Biff

Biff

I heard eating spicy food really pushes the kid out, at least thats what Rachel and Ross did on Friends.

13. Deep South Cruisers

Deep South Cruisers 1978 FJ40 ~ 283 V8

14. Owyhee Jackass

Owyhee Jackass

Just don't let the Doc give her the "jell from hell" Our second wasn't coming fast enough for the Doctor and he induced with some sort of jell on wifes wahooja, Sam's heart rate went from 180 to 80, wifes contractions got so bad she pinned a 6' 2" nurse between her legs (it took 3 of us to free the nurse), they gave my wife some sort of shot to counter-act the jell and try to get the baby's heart rate back up...it went to 200. Finally, the Doc decided to do an emergency C-section.

It was pretty scary for about 15 minutes. Just be patient. Let nature do it's thing.

Dan

15. White Shark

White Shark

Media:
    Albums:
    No castor oil! She will get a huge case of the fashizzles and she will go into labor. The nurses, who try to keep things sanitary and sterile will instantly know what she did and they will treat her worse than the stuff they have to clean up. Imagine, in the stirrups, bum exposed, projectile oil. Don't make that mistake.

Getting gelled sucks but it's neccessary when delivery is induced. Been there 2x when the wife went through this. Not fun, but neccessary.

Doc is right. Tweak the nipples. Sex helps stimulate, but nipple tweaking does a better job. Once when my wife and I were visiting our best freinds in the maternity ward, the nurse leaned over and whispered in Mrs. X's ear and walked out.

Mrs. X got a big smile and said, "Well, this baby needs to come out and the nurse has a job for Mr. X to do, and I'm looking forward to it."

We said, "Huh?"

Mrs. X said, "He's got to play with my boobies and I'm going to enjoy every second of it! Now get out! He's got work to do!" :D

We all laughed, and Mr. X looked around for a place to hide or a rug to crawl under. :D Things obviously worked as the baby was soon to follow. I tease him about it and he doesn't sweat it too much. I'm glad that he took it like a champ.

Personally, I think it's a pretty good way to take one for the team, "Well, it's a tough chore to carry out Honey, but I'm willing to sacrifice my interests and time to make you happy and comfortable. It's the least I can do." :D :D :D

16. reffug

reffug

Just be patient both mine were 2 weeks late. I know its tough but things happen for a reason. For the time being just keep enjoying the sex thing cause you won't be for a while.

17. incogrhino

incogrhino

start charging higher rent.Always makes me want to move out.

18. bigndn

bigndn

Media:
    Albums:
    ROTFLOFAO!!! Thanks a bunch, everyone!!! We're just waiting now.......drove some bumpy roads today and the other thing that was mentioned above. I guess we'll just see what we see.....

19. bh4rnnr

bh4rnnr

Oh right, were talking about the baby....... Father of the Bride2 is as much as I know about baby's and such(and thats probably not even close to accurate). I gues just lots of patients :confused: . I dont know. Either way best of luck!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.