BAAAAAD overheat; best and worst case scenarios? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I was muddin yesterday, and got stuck (figures). Hike stuck I chilled inside with the a/c an music while waiting for a pull. I noticed it started stumbling, looked up, and the temp guage was ALL the way at the top, middle of the h, and ticking. I turned off my engine, and drove it home, but this morning it wouldn't start. What's the best and worst case situation on this one? Just replaced my head gasket and got the head shaved, if that makes a difference

Stuck and deep in it or just stuck? If Deep in it, consider removing the air cleaner housing and checking it out. You may have simply got crap sucked in your carb and your air cleaner may be packed with goop (been there and done it). Also check out the dizzy you may have some water or condensation in there as well. Check your oil for water and or coolant, change it if it looks, smells scalded. As long as you didn't run it to long in the red zone I wouldn't think any real damage occurred but once you get it started listen for a knock in the bottom end of your motor.
:beer:

Just stuck, couldn't get enough traction to climb the slope to get out. I have no idea how long it was in the red, but it was WAAAAAYYYY past the red on the guage. I'll check the air cleaner/dizzy, hope it's not blown

When I go, I never have my AC, not saying using AC while mudding will blow your engine up, but it makes the engine work harder. :meh:

The ac itself wasn't running for more than a minute or so, just needed some airflow

My question is how bad could my engine be messed up. I've done the dizzy, carb, air cleaner etc, but dont k ow what to look for in the engine

No water in the oil ??? Get it stated but 2f 's don't like gettin hot they tend to pop

I'll check the oil, it needs an oil change anyways. What are some signs of "popping"?

Just got word that my dad started it up and it leaked antifreeze from where the intake/exhaust meet the head. I'm going to look for myself, sounds to me like it's leaking from the head

if it is leaking there best case a gasket, worst case cracked head or possibly even a block depending how long it was hot.

Worst case i'd say is you warped or cracked the head. I've had 2f's go through some mean stuff for a long time and stay straight. Rent or buy a coolant system pressure tester and see if it holds any.

Will do. The coolant is leaking from between the intake/exhaust manifolds, so Im thinkin that head is not in too good of shape. Where could i get a Head that isnt toyota?

I think you'll want to stick to that toyata head, unless your gonna thro a different crankcase in there. Check in the classifieds.

Could it be a freeze plug; possibly the one behind the manifolds in the block?

it could be.. if youll excuse my noobishness what is a freeze plug? and what does it look like?

They are those round disks in the block and head, the ones I'm referring to being 50mm in diameter. Do a google search to see what one looks like..

OOOO I was wondering what those little guys were. Ill get out and inspect tomorrow

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom