B swap to 3b

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Did the search and faq... If you guys know where the link is please feel free to let me know where it is. :doh:

I have a 3b with 325000 kms on the clock. Still runs well with a minor leach on the sidecover that is currently being re-gasketed.
I just rebuilt the entire driveline including axles and trans (4 spd).
My question is how far can this b engine go before needing a rebuild?
I am not planning on rebuilding as it was running well before i did my total teardown.
My only concern is shoul i consider rebuilding since i have it all open from the build?
And if needed could a 3b drop in, link up with the drivetrain with minimal modifications to engine mounts, cooling etc?

Thanks.

Link to my build thread
https://forum.ih8mud.com/40-55-series-tech/590058-rusted-ol-finn.html

I went from B to 3B many moons ago.

Pretty much everything swapped over no trouble. A few little differences here and there, like different glow systems, and different tstat housing if there's ps, depends on the year of 3b, but nothing earth shattering.

If you have all the bits from both, should be no problem.

cheers,
ryan

I went from B to 3B many moons ago.

Pretty much everything swapped over no trouble. A few little differences here and there, like different glow systems, and different tstat housing if there's ps, depends on the year of 3b, but nothing earth shattering.

If you have all the bits from both, should be no problem.

cheers,
ryan

I have 2 running 3b's with over 500,000km on them and one with 445,000km on it
The 3b is said to get one million km on it, if you look around there may be a consensus of rebuilds at 500,000km.
A rebuild consists of cylinder head, precombustion chambers, assorted items and some glow plugs and ... why not injectors while your at it. cost me $1400. for parts.
Injectors should be changed at 300,000 or if you are not getting proper milage.

Weather it's a b or 3b just drop it in , do the oils and enjoy there is no need for a re-build untill warranted unless the you have $$$$$$$$ to burn.

A.M.

How about the fuel pump mine seems to have a slight weep so i tightened the cover in hopes of solving the issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom