B Pillar measurement (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello, in the middle of replacing rockers/rebuilding a tub from pieces. Can someone give me a measurement from the bottom of the rocker to the top of the b pillar so I can check my work?

I’m not certain it lines up correctly with my Colombian made rear half. Trying to see if I’m off or they were….

5A7E2247-75BA-44C5-9A19-B579843CC6E0.jpeg

I measured (6/70 build US build) passenger side 25 1/8th" (+/- 1/8"), D-side 25 1/4" (+/- 1/8") from bottom of exterior to top of b-piller (door latch side). My tub and rocker are aligned at the bottom

I measured (6/70 build US build) passenger side 25 1/8th" (+/- 1/8"), D-side 25 1/4" (+/- 1/8") from bottom of exterior to top of b-piller (door latch side). My tub and rocker are aligned at the bottom
Thank you! Back to the shop to check my work…

Beware of Columbian made parts…. While the overall appearance looks ok, some of the critical details are missed. Still a better start than the rusty mess I had but for the money I spent on this thing I expected a little better fit.

One side the rear 1/4 matches the b pillar in height and the other side is almost an inch short.

None of the body mounts are close, some line up but the gap is 2 to 3x more than it should be. Others don’t line up at all to the frame.

Probably should have just spent the extra money and bought an aluminum tub…

00C62CEC-6EBE-41AA-9A3E-5E2E78D63C9B.jpeg

DBF7E87B-797F-43BB-ADF9-FAD1E39A752E.jpeg

Sure it is not just twisted? Have you tried adding weight inside or pulling it down?

Sure it is not just twisted? Have you tried adding weight inside or pulling it down?
Yes, very sure. The top of the tub lined up with the b pillar flush but one side is too short on the bottom. Everything else is square and level. The mounts are equally too high on both sides. The rear mounts just aren’t lined up with the holes in the frame by over an 1” on either side.

Not sure if they built it to some South American version for a template, or just don’t care about exact measurements.

I’ll get it resolved, but it will be more work than I was hoping for. Body mounts are easy enough to fix but the short rear 1/4 will have to be cut off and rebuilt.

Can someone tell me if this top edge of the rear tub is supposed to be flush with the top of the b pillar? I can’t seem to find any good pics of that area.

E13D3A17-BFFC-4D1F-8A2F-45CC0A27E815.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom