B/H series parts availiability (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.urbanlandcruisers.com
By now you all can tell that I know little about B and H series motors :D

My escapade with the BJ 74 is moving along. I spoke today with a guy in the whosale end of LC parts and he was telling me that hard parts for both B and H series motors are very difficult to find. Now, I assumed they might be a bit tough in the states but between Canada, AUS and Japan I did not see any issues. He is telling me that Toyota is not supporting many of the older motors and trucks and that parts are very difficult to source most anywhere.

Any truth to this?

I for one have a hard time believing that! I have been able to get most anything I've needed for my 'Cruisers on the next day. I'm getting an engine rebuild kit for a 3B from Oz, aftermarket. There may be a slowing down of options for the 3B (Safari doesn't produce the turbo kit any longer, AXT still does) but I don't see service support ending that fast.
I'm not getting all bent out of shape yet 'cause there isn't much to fail on the deisel anyways!

I have not found any places other than Toyota for Parts. The Toyota Dealers gets all Parts in, In less than 24 Hours. Except the only chance I get to order Parts is on Saturday's and Toyota's not open on Sunday. - So have to pick the Parts up, The following Saturday. :mad:

[quote author=Jonathan_Ferguson link=board=21;threadid=9701;start=msg85372#msg85372 date=1073376591]
Except the only chance I get to order Parts is on Saturday's and Toyota's not open on Sunday. - So have to pick the Parts up, The following Saturday. :mad:
[/quote]

I also find my darn work gets in the way of fun ;)

Dave

Haven't had problems here in the netherlands to get parts for the B. They are not in stock with my Toyota dealer, but if I order them, they are there within a few days.

Ton

Never had a problem sourcing parts for my customers, a 3B w/safari Turbo and a 2H with a OEM turbo adapted. The 2H has been overhauled twice since it came to the US, once initially and then once again when it was modified for the turbo...

One of the reasons that I'm having a 1HZ put into my HJ60.

There will always be stuff avialable for that engine.

TB :p

first, I must say I am not a fan of 4wheel as I have heard of 5 reports (second hand) of bad deals. Also, for a US owner you have a HUGE shipping barrier called the international border.

13B-T's are not 3B's nor 2H's in many respects (I do daily drive one).

injectors FYI were $169 AU ea. w/o shipping rebuilt w/o core from Geoff Walsh (quote: Sept 2003). I had mine rebuild here with new tips (in Tucson) for $115 US ea including tax.

-Turbo gaskets are all non NA parts
-clutch is non NA (but may soon be regular stock aftermarket- I have ordered one wholesale from LA...)
-All electrics except glow system are 24 V making it common to a 1986/1987 BJ70 from Canada
-relays and glowscreen are unique to BJ74's and problematic (mine does not work, but will start to 20 F)

ENS although expensive can get you out of a pinch if broken down with new parts. (ens toyota lexus- industrial shop).

US dealers can sometimes be helpful, but the offline conduit for non US parts is super slow (weeks waiting) so plan ahead.

Aussie dealers will ship to US, so find a 'friend' and they can get 24v parts to ship out.

[quote author=rick_d link=board=21;threadid=9701;start=msg89204#msg89204 date=1073953785]

Aussie dealers will ship to US, so find a 'friend' and they can get 24v parts to ship out.

[/quote]

Does anyone know of an Aussie dealership that I can call that will ship to the states via Australia Post Air Mail? Nardek send me a carb this way and it was very reasonable and I got it in a week. It would be fantastic if there was an Aussie dealer that did this.. anyone?

what don't i need... general non usa parts that you can't get here. example would be a 12v evap case for a 70. I know there are other avenues and good cruiser heads out there, but to be able to call a dealership in AU and have them tell me if the part is available and ship it to me would be superb.

Andre,

I am not sure if it's available any more. But if it's available. might be very expensive. I tried to fit A/C in my 85 BJ70 a few years ago and just stoped. Getting each part separately is about $2500.00 US dollars, way to much. Roll down both windows!!!

Alex
85 BJ70

I'll double check on the canadian dealer but I don't think so. and Alex while i know I can roll down windows they don't do much when you're not moving ie stop and go traffic that takes over an hour to get home.

If it is $2500 I wouldn't touch it either... If it were me I'd subscribe to the DTLC email list, there are some guys parting them out there or at least have good sources....

andre

I put A/C in my '82 BJ60 last year and locating parts for unusual options like A/C can be a real challenge. Fortunately for me the FJ60 and BJ60 share alot of parts. Only the compressor mount and A/C amplifier are different. Even the wiring harness was interchangeable (the FJ has a couple of extra wires for the carb idleup)!

TTT. Need a Canadian Toyota dealer to order some HJ60 parts. closest thread to parts source i could find..
course other options are always welcome. Kurt? You have a source? Dr Dre? Needing the powersteering lines, high and low for starters. FJ62 has an internal resevoir on the pump, HJ60 has a banjo bolt style on the pump but otherwise they're close..
I can find part #'s but can't order em! Thanks! Yeah i'm a noob!

rick_d said:
injectors FYI were $169 AU ea. w/o shipping rebuilt w/o core from Geoff Walsh (quote: Sept 2003). I had mine rebuild here with new tips (in Tucson) for $115 US ea including tax.

-Turbo gaskets are all non NA parts

Toyota uses the CT26 turbo on their 13BT, and probably for most of the ir engines. As I understand it, the housing is the same but the insides vary according to the application. So, my 13BT uses a Garrett CT26 turbo, and so does the Supra Turbo, etc. If the housing is the same, shouldn't the gaskets also be the same? And if so, why wouldn't a Supra Trubo gasket kit work?...and that was certainly a NA car.

Those prices on the injector rebuild sound really high to me. I think the quote here for a rebuild is more like ~$80 CDN/ea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom