Events/Trails AZBDR part 2 continuation - Mogollon rim to the AZ/UT border June 18-22 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Gotta put my interior back together, pull a spare alternator from my parts truck (mine is making bad sounds), and finish my cb radio install. No problem if the parts arrive on time!
you can skip the CB radio install ;)

I want to go ,but cannot commit until last minute as I have some "honeyDo's" that I have to respect near those travel dates. I would bring my GMC Canyon as the GX is not ready to go off road, until I get new set of off road tires, and have to wait on lift ,to put 33's on, which is back ordered. I have camped out of my Canyon, and would work well for this trip. easy to pack up essentials, quickly.
Soooooo, I am a maybe ,until I am not. Is that okay with this tough to please group?:rofl::steer:. LOL.
I cannot go on this trip, at this time. Have fun, and take some pics and I will try and make your next big adventure. If Guido shows up at my front door, while you are gone, I will ask him how come he didn't go either. :D

I seem to recall that part of the route near the Grand Canyon runs on Indian land. Permits are required. I doubt the rez will be open. We might want to come up with a detour just in case.
Where are you starting?
I assume Pappy is right and the rez is not issuing permits. Have you checked? This is a major part of the route and it would suck to have to blow through it on the highway.
Also my first time potentially on a BDR trip. Any plans for other than driving and camping?

Last edited:
Where are you starting?

It sounds like we will gather at the Mogollon Visitor Center, between Payson and Heber, off Hwy 260.

I assume Pappy is right and the rez is not issuing permits. Have you checked? This is a major part of the route and it would suck to have to blow through it on the highway.

The rez section is not that much. The rez section starts around Cameron off Hwy 89, ducks toward the Little Colorado on the east edge of the Grand Canyon, then comes back to Hwy 89 right below Marble Canyon.

Also my first time potentially on a BDR trip. Any plans for other than driving and camping?

Paging @alia176.

Where are you starting?

I'm hoping to get some hiking in as my body can't sit and drive all day long!

It sounds like we will gather at the Mogollon Visitor Center, between Payson and Heber, off Hwy 260.

I prefer that we pick a camp spot to converge vs folks sitting and waiting in their cars at the visitor center parking lot waiting for folks to trickle in! Folks are going to have various ETDs from ABQ after work so there will be late arrivals and letting them know where we're camping after they've departed ABQ doesn't sound wise due to possible lack of comm. @Quantumkiwi will prolly show up around 2:30 am like last time :)

FYI for those going. We have a forest fire along our route, the Mangum Fire. It's at the very end when we skirt the Vermillion Cliffs.

fire.jpg

fire2.png

I talked with David and I am coming. :steer:

wohooooo, awesome dude! It'll be good to see you and your wife again. Wait, is she coming too?

Looks like we have a decent size group going on this trip, I like it, I like it a LOT!! Some things, in no particular order:

- please go to www.azbdr.com and download the GPS track into your phone or
- upload the azbdr track into your google map.
- Be sure to download the part of the state that we'll be exploring into your google offline map. Otherwise, you won't have the background map data, just a moving dot!

Google Offline map download how to

Stay tuned to this thread for a meeting place for Thur night. The advance party is getting pushed northward by the smoke so we'll have to catch up to them on the BDR trail Thurs night.

Mogollon Rim Visitor Center

List of attendees:
  1. Poupon - Larry
  2. Benzfanatical - Raptor Chris
  3. Brother of Raptor Chris - Rus
  4. Pappy
  5. Taghi
  6. 2manycruisers - David
  7. abraly - Aaron and Sarai
  8. Liveoak (maybe) - Chris from San Diego

Last edited:
Gotta put my interior back together, pull a spare alternator from my parts truck (mine is making bad sounds), and finish my cb radio install. No problem if the parts arrive on time!

As I said earlier, skip the CB radio as it won't be needed on this trip.

As I said earlier, skip the CB radio as it won't be needed on this trip.
I will have my handheld HAM for loan … with a mag-mount antenna. Yep, I have that little adapter.

I have hand held radios to hand out as well.

1. Poupon - Larry
  2. Benzfanatical - Raptor Chris
  3. Aaron and Sarah
  4. Brother of Raptor Chris - Rus
  5. Pappy
  6. Taghi
  7. 2manycruisers - David
  8. abraly - Aaron and Sarai
  9. Quantumquiwi - Alex from Los Alamos
  10. Liveoak (maybe) - Chris from San Diego
Ash,
Do you have Aaron and Sarah listed twice? So 10 truck including yourself?

I wish I was going!

Won't be able to make this one, sorry guys. Just have too much on my plate for the rest of the week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom