Events/Trails AZBDR part 2 continuation - Mogollon rim to the AZ/UT border June 18-22 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Looks like we have a decent size group going on this trip, I like it, I like it a LOT!! Some things, in no particular order:

- please go to www.azbdr.com and download the GPS track into your phone or
- upload the azbdr track into your google map.
- Be sure to download the part of the state that we'll be exploring into your google offline map. Otherwise, you won't have the background map data, just a moving dot!

Google Offline map download how to
I have the google offline map but I’m not smart enough to get the bdr route in google map. How do I do that? I don’t have Gaia so I don’t think I can use the .gpx files.

Just heard from the advance party and they're not able to hang out near the Mogollon Rim visitor center due to the smoke. They're on the AZBDR trail and continuing Northbound and we'll have to catch up to them.

Does everyone have a ETD for today? I'm hoping to get my act together by noon and hit the road but not 100% sure yet. Let me know your ETD and we may want to convoy together so that we catch up to the advance party as a group.

**** update 6/18/20 0900 hrs ***

- please go to www.azbdr.com and download the GPS track into your phone or
- upload the azbdr track into your google map.
- Be sure to download the part of the state that we'll be exploring into your google offline map. Otherwise, you won't have the background map data, just a moving dot!

Google Offline map download how to

The advance party is getting pushed northward by the smoke so we'll have to catch up to them on the BDR trail Thurs night. Let's try to convoy from ABQ as a group so that the stragglers aren't trying to find the main group on the trail while out of cell range.

Mogollon Rim Visitor Center

List of attendees:
  1. Poupon - Larry
  2. Benzfanatical - Raptor Chris
  3. Brother of Raptor Chris - Rus
  4. Pappy
  5. Taghi
  6. 2manycruisers - David
  7. abraly - Aaron and Sarai

Heard from Larry couple of hours ago, he's heading to catchup to Jon and Chris raptor on AZBDR.

I'm hoping to depart before 2pm and hopefully we can get a convoy rolling from ABQ. Looks like it'll be three rigs from ABQ.

Camp spot Thursday night

34.276222, -110.825765

Last edited:
IMGP6217-fixed-crop.jpg

20200621_060038-sm.jpg

20200618_151838.jpg

Larry,
Thanks for the pictures. Looks like a great time and a good group.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom