For Sale AZ FJ25s and early FJ40 projects for sale

Living in the Past

SILVER Star

Poking around the newer 61 FJ40 I noticed this tag.
IMG_20190317_120047186.jpg

The person I bought it from was from was in Southern AZ. The vehicle was at a shop not to far from me. They mentioned they had bought a reconditioned head from SOR. Can't confirm it was reconditioned but does have a SOR tag. Think I bought this ten years ago. Can tell the tag hasn't burned off yet.

LandCruiserPhil

Peter Pan Syndrome
Supporting Vendor

Can only imagine what thoughts are going through you head. Kudos for taking the step. I going to let my "friends" give my wife 1 cent on the dollar for my junk when Im gone.

Living in the Past

SILVER Star

Can only imagine what thoughts are going through you head. Kudos for taking the step. I going to let my "friends" give my wife 1 cent on the dollar for my junk when Im gone.

Wish I would be around for that but will be dust in the wind long before that happens.

Living in the Past

SILVER Star

M
Wish I would be around for that but will be dust in the wind long before that happens.

My wife.would have no interest in dealing with anything besides running vehicles. Jack A has informed me Glendale metals has closed so need to locate another scrap yard that will handle it for her. With stupid prices I've seen some items have gone for on eBay it has crossed my mind to list items small enough items to deal with shipping and scrap the rest to get my second garage cleared out for projects ahead of these.

Living in the Past

SILVER Star

if i had the money, i'd be there now :( don't scrap..could be a nice running rig for someone. but understand whatever you do

Problem is have at least twelve cruisers that could be nice runners with some work. This one and the 61 FJ40 that is titled as a 62 deserve to be restored. I've bought whole vehicles just to acquire parts. Probably be easier and make more money just throwing up rare parts on eBay. Hobby has gotten too many flippers who want to buy cheap and then flip for big money. Wasn't too many years ago it was said wasn't worth restoring old Land Cruiser because you would lose money when you sell it. Times have changed. Been lucky got things before this happened. But has been a lot of work being a care taker, in some cases for seventeen years.

Living in the Past

SILVER Star

Here is the 62 I bought for a possible floor for the grey FJ25. Not quite the same as a 25 but very clean floor for a cruiser this old. If POs had bothered to wash the rear sill it wouldn't rusted.

0010.JPG
0025.JPG
0027.JPG
0002.JPG
0008.JPG

Full floating rear axle was added to make it a roller. It been replaced with a correct centered diff rear axle. Barn doors were added off a later cruiser. That rear trailer hinge was removed year ago. This pictures were taken at a home I moved out a long time ago.

Living in the Past

SILVER Star

Best pictures I curretly have of my titled 61. Someone sent me these when he seen it for sale in a small town in Southern AZ. The bib and bezel were back in place when I bought it. Upper half of the doors and rear hatch are inside.

DSC00214.jpg
DSC00219.jpg
DSC00212.jpg
DSC00218.jpg

The hub caps were removed and put on a spring over 74 FJ40 he was also trying to sell. That rear step is home made from heavy steel but have a few correct rear steps in my collection.

Living in the Past

SILVER Star

How much for the 25's. I am not interested at high retail, however I would love to add them to my fj25 collection and restore them to their glory days.

A quick story. To keep this thread from coming up in searches won't mention any names. A few years back smaller company was bought by a larger. In the process the larger company was buying up large stash's of people parts. A guy not far from here sold three semi trailer load of stuff. I am sure it was sold at wholesale prices. Not how to determine what is retail and wholesale in the FJ25, early FJ40 market. But if someone was looking to buy all my FJ25s and early FJ40s would make make them a good deal. As I located more small items in the stash would forward them on. Would be worth it to me to do it all at once. But before I start selling them off in pieces will probably explore eBay and FB (ouch never thought I would create a account). I. Know the some of the pieces is worth a lot more than the whole but doing that would prevent me from wavering on the grey FJ25 which happens every time I put it together with the top and doors. I have some non operating insurance on a few of them. Will dig out some of the insurance pictures of all the little details added I collected added on to the grey one.

Indygbd

SILVER Star
A quick story. To keep this thread from coming up in searches won't mention any names. A few years back smaller company was bought by a larger. In the process the larger company was buying up large stash's of people parts. A guy not far from here sold three semi trailer load of stuff. I am sure it was sold at wholesale prices. Not how to determine what is retail and wholesale in the FJ25, early FJ40 market. But if someone was looking to buy all my FJ25s and early FJ40s would make make them a good deal. As I located more small items in the stash would forward them on. Would be worth it to me to do it all at once. But before I start selling them off in pieces will probably explore eBay and FB (ouch never thought I would create a account). I. Know the some of the pieces is worth a lot more than the whole but doing that would prevent me from wavering on the grey FJ25 which happens every time I put it together with the top and doors. I have some non operating insurance on a few of them. Will dig out some of the insurance pictures of all the little details added I collected added on to the grey one.
I love FJ25's now. The problem in buying everything you have and moving all of them from Arizona to Indiana would cost me a fortune in transport cost. I could bring a trailer out with room for both FJ25's and extra related parts but that would be about all I would have room for. Let me know what you are thinking. I could use an extra set of fj25 wheels too if you have a set laying around. Two of my 25's are missing correct wheels.

Living in the Past

SILVER Star

Selling wheels has never been a issue. On four FJ25s I've owned only four were on the grey one. Those went with #15 years ago. I currently have eleven wheels. Done some dealing over the years to get those. Trading away parts I would have kept. When I was selling the two last year was only including five. Those are the only wheels I've found that will work on 25 front axles without a spacer. #16 is running 40 series 15" but those are hybrid with Torsen diffs. Front bumpers and rear license brackets are also high on the list of MIA parts.

I realize the distance is the issue. But not ready to.wbolesale off the two 25s yet. Haven't looked into all my options yet to be doing that. If I was ten years younger would get the white running again and throw it up on eBay. Then pull the parts the would get damage leaving them out in the desert heat from the grey one. Cover it with a tarp for later. Who knows still may. RV parking I have it's a cleared out garage I need.

Indygbd

SILVER Star
Selling wheels has never been a issue. On four FJ25s I've owned only four were on the grey one. Those went with #15 years ago. I currently have eleven wheels. Done some dealing over the years to get those. Trading away parts I would have kept. When I was selling the two last year was only including five. Those are the only wheels I've found that will work on 25 front axles without a spacer. #16 is running 40 series 15" but those are hybrid with Torsen diffs. Front bumpers and rear license brackets are also high on the list of MIA parts.

I realize the distance is the issue. But not ready to.wbolesale off the two 25s yet. Haven't looked into all my options yet to be doing that. If I was ten years younger would get the white running again and throw it up on eBay. Then pull the parts the would get damage leaving them out in the desert heat from the grey one. Cover it with a tarp for later. Who knows still may. RV parking I have it's a cleared out garage I need.
Well if you have eleven wheels, let me know what you will sell 5 for or trade if you prefer.

Living in the Past

SILVER Star

Well if you have eleven wheels, let me know what you will sell 5 for or trade if you prefer.

Not looking to sell any wheels. Always interested in trades but not sure what you would have that interests me.

Bought the white 25 for $5K in 2002. To make it go away would sell it for the same price but just the way I bought it. Open to offers on the complete titled FJ40 and thinking of parting out the two FJ40s. The grey one will just move it outside for a possible patina build. Uncovering the one outside realized how bad the rear sill and other parts of the tub are. Even though it is a complete FJ25 it does have a early 2F. It's chrome pieces are still in very good shape and the floor while dented is rust free. If the POs had just washed the rear sill it would have been a much cleaner 25.

Indygbd

SILVER Star
Not looking to sell any wheels. Always interested in trades but not sure what you would have that interests me.

Bought the white 25 for $5K in 2002. To make it go away would sell it for the same price but just the way I bought it. Open to offers on the complete titled FJ40 and thinking of parting out the two FJ40s. The grey one will just move it outside for a possible patina build. Uncovering the one outside realized how bad the rear sill and other parts of the tub are. Even though it is a complete FJ25 it does have a early 2F. It's chrome pieces are still in very good shape and the floor while dented is rust free. If the POs had just washed the rear sill it would have been a much cleaner 25.
What does just the way you bought it mean? Are there parts coming off of it? How much for the gray 25? Do you have photos of the floor issues?
I'm sure I have nos parts you would trade for.

Living in the Past

SILVER Star

What does just the way you bought it mean? Are there parts coming off of it? How much for the gray 25? Do you have photos of the floor issues?
I'm sure I have nos parts you would trade for.
[/QUOTE/]

Not taking any parts of the white 25. It has some aftermarket but bucket seats in the front and early Bronco seat in the bad. I bought the grey one for parts for the white one but was just too nice even with the rust in the back floor. Not looking to sell the grey one separate. Figure could replace the floor without having to paint the exterior. The story I got on the white one is it came from a ranch in Southern AZ. The ranch owner owed money to a lawyer. He gave him the 25 as payment. It sat in the lawyer's back yard for years. He sold it to a state judge who did a restore. Wasn't concerned about being original. For all I know he may had throw out the original seats, bows, doors and wheels.

It still has the original drivetrain. It also has the factory PTO that was hooked up to a Ramsey PTO winch. Front bumper was channel iron. I removed that. Currently doesn't have a bumper. Still have the winch that has been stored in a garage. Could provide the stays and plate along with a used FJ40 bumper. The original bumper mounting system is easy to reproduce as I'm sure you know. As it stands now it has the aftermarket seats in it now. @JackA has see it as it. He can confirm it has aftermarket seats and chrome rims on it now. He could also tell you it was loaded with parts in the back. Last year I was including a 62 FJ40 seat frame and a FJ25 passenger seat I got in a 71 FJ40 many years before I bought my first FJ25. Was being used as a back seat. The post that supports the seat around the tunnel was cut so it sat flat. Because the front legs are even it could only be from a FJ25. The grey FJ25 T bird and chrome bars are rusted. The white ones are in good shape. Those are still on the white one. #16 while has a rusted sill the chrome survived. So will use that on the grey one. I know the three 25s I have all have alternators. Believe #15 had a GM generator as does the titled FJ40. Would have to check my old FJ40 but think it was a generator as well. Never been lucky enough to find a FJ25 generator. At this point will hang onto the grey one unless the right offer comes along which I doubt. Just has too many original parts. In the seventeen years since I bought my first FJ25 have only been able to find another set of bows. Intereting story on those. Not sure what NOS parts you have that would interest me. Pretty much have everything for a FJ25 and moved on to late model 40 series non US import parts.

Living in the Past

SILVER Star

In Sedona on kids spring break, wish I could swing in to buy some smalls and look at the collection.

Small are not organized why looking to sell a few bigs. Just uncovered a row yesterday. Possible chance of rain tomorrow so off to HB today for a tarp big enough to cover the three in a row. Has a interested party in the titled FJ40 who doesn't care if it has a PTO. That one has the early sliding style windows that are torn down. And hatch is off. Appears the cast pieces it pivots sides are laying in the back broken. Only had it ten years think I would have noticed why the hatch is off.

Guess I could start a wanted ad looking for them or many just look at my pile of early corrugated hard top sides to find a couple. The 25 and 40 next to it are complete enough to keep most the rain out. Noticed I have a few transmissions and transfer cases stored in the back of #16 on the list. Anyone looking for a 16 spline H41?

FYI I see someone did a very nice reproduction 25 T bird in Australia. Matches original on the back as well as the from the front.

Top Bottom