SOLD AZ 1982 Toyota FJ45 Troopy (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 45 Series
Mileage
Color
Beige
$49,500

For sale is my 1982 FJ45 Troopy (KSA vehicle). I purchased this in 2018 and have just finished last spring a frame off restoration. There are too many details to list (the build report is in the FJ40 section) but here are some of the hi-lights.

Body / Interior:
All rusty metal was removed and replaced, with stamped panels when possible, or same gauge mild steel

Body was epoxy primed, polyester primer, sealer, then 2-3 coats of single stage

All glass seals were replaced, and all weather stripping as well

All OEM matching lock sets with TEQ leather fob and OEM aux gas can

Body coated with Lizard skin heat and sound deadening material

All new upholstery and foam New Dash pads (upper and lower) New head liner

Mechanical:

All wear items replaced, brakes, cylinders, clutch, pressure plate, all hoses and seals axels to air cleaner - front to back as well as all suspension and steering components (except steering box)

New OEM - Instrument cluster, Alt (with internal regulator), Clutch Master, City racer Carb

Starts and runs, steers and brakes strong.

I have a clean AZ title. There are still some upgrades I would make if I was going to keep it, like floor mats, wheels and tires, maybe HVAC and power steering and replace the missing two jump seats. But I am ready to move on to the next project, so I would rather offer at a lower price and let someone enjoy it as is or do their own final touches.

I am located in Casa Grande, AZ, 35 mile south of Phoenix, and you are more than welcome to come inspect her and of course please feel free to message or call with any questions. Thanks for looking, and have a great day.

$49,500
9DFF58F0-7058-48EE-A09B-D0FE5C29CBC4.jpeg
AA067354-A33D-42E0-97EB-B91AF98D93C8.jpeg
A17EDC63-4057-4107-9287-F4826D92A4F4.jpeg
5494F4ED-1AB7-4C38-9B4B-CD95FB97C18D.jpeg
04F857A6-8EF2-4E5D-8995-0D21FA44D887.jpeg
41BF532B-46C4-44A5-8E05-9ECD82B91513.jpeg
20323550-4222-47FA-8FBA-F033331DF924.jpeg
02CFD382-CF4B-4CAE-8349-6257CE577B7A.jpeg

Last edited:
FYI- posting this sale to the non mud market now

Hi - is this still available? Has it been listed elsewhere?

Hi - is this still available? Has it been listed elsewhere?
Good Morning,
Yes it is available ( It is also listed on Phoenix Craigslist).
Feel free to message me if you have any questions,

Interested, in the Phoenix area, would like to see in person. Please PM me if this is possible.

Nice FJ

If you don't mind where did you get the new rubber for the side sliding windows

Thanks Tony

Nice FJ

If you don't mind where did you get the new rubber for the side sliding windows

Thanks Tony
Check herehttps://www.cityracerllc.com/ . They sell reproduction ones if you can’t find Toyota new old stock.

Check herehttps://www.cityracerllc.com/ . They sell reproduction ones if you can’t find Toyota new old stock.
Thanks, that is where I got mine

That's a whole lot of rare Land Cruiser for the money! Nice truck. The buyers looking to spend $50k are not as many but that truck certainly can't be replicated for $50k in my opinion.
GLWS

That's a whole lot of rare Land Cruiser for the money! Nice truck. The buyers looking to spend $50k are not as many but that truck certainly can't be replicated for $50k in my opinion.
GLWS
Thanks, sorry for late reply.
Yes it’s a small market, but I love the rig and would have no issues keeping her.

Is this troopy still available? If so, do you have any pics of the passenger benches?
Yup it is still available.

Every seat was rebuilt with new springs as needed, foam, and covers.

When I acquired the Troopy it only had 2 rear seats. They were rebuilt with new plywood , foam, and matching seat covers. The missing two frames could be fabricated easy enough and I do have two more matching covers. Please let me know if you have any questions,
Thanks, scott
IMG_5299.jpeg
IMG_5302.jpeg
IMG_5301.jpeg
IMG_5295.jpeg

Good Morning all,

I will be trying another auction soon, but want to post this here first in case there are any Mudders who are interested.

I will set the reserve at $38,000 and am willing to let her go at that price. Please let me know if you have any questions or are interested.

Thanks as always!
Scott

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom