Axles in the BJ60? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
What are the axles in the BJ? I know nothing about them.

They have a 9.5" ring gear and are 3.70's

Any one have any more info, searched, but obviously didn't see anything specific.

Thanks

What are the axles in the BJ? I know nothing about them.

They have a 9.5" ring gear and are 3.70's

Any one have any more info, searched, but obviously didn't see anything specific.

Thanks

They also come in 4.11 ,LSD,open diff or locker diff. Full floater or semi floater.
What did you want to know specifically?

basically everything I can about these, they are full float, open with a 370 gear. I need to see a couple exploded diagrams before I tear them apart, but I am sure they are like any diff....

are these any good? should I keep them and swap them in the zuki o rare they just a heavier axle that is the same as the 8"

Where can I get some aftermarket parts?

longfields?

5:1 something gears? hub flanges? higher steer? (already higher than an 8" front)

Why is the rear diff so damn heavy? what is the reason for the removable diff cover?

Is there internal seals or are they sealed at the axle ends?

do I run grease in the front or gear oil?

Where can I get a seal kit for the front, same as the 8"

Basically I want to know all I need to know for when I blow the hell out of them. They are behind a rotary in a Zuk pumping out 245 hp, 5 speed with 3.6:1 1st gear, 6:1 t case gears, 4:1 crawler box. running a 33 or a 35" bogger.

any advice?

Thanks again.

You'd be hard pressed to hurt 60 diffs with that little power. I run over 300hp on my 40 (same as 60's) with very few problems. Weak link is the birfield. If you don't turn the wheels fully cranked and floor it they hold up well. Longfields would be a nice upgrade. The front axle is full floating, either 3.73 or 4.11. The rear (NA spec) semi-floating. You need to pull the axle keepers (or whatever there called) to remove the axle. You access these through the inspection cover. I'd recommend d/l ing the FSM, the link is at the top of this page.
GG

"down loading the Factor Service Manual"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom