Axle shafts for FF rear question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I searched every thread I could find and most of the info was older so I guess I am just checking in to see if there is any new news.

I just picked up and installing a FF rear axle in my 76 FJ40. The axle shafts flanges seem to be a little beat up. I think they will be OK but just wanted to check to see if there are any choices these days for moly shafts for the FF. I think I read about new moly flanges but that must be for something else, as far as I can see the shafts and flanges are all one piece correct?

I plan on putting new studs (ARP?) and pins in the hub for added strength. Is there anything else I can do to make sure things stay together? I know that any axle can break, I just want to do what I can while I have it off and apart.

Thanks everyone!

I searched every thread I could find and most of the info was older so I guess I am just checking in to see if there is any new news.

I just picked up and installing a FF rear axle in my 76 FJ40. The axle shafts flanges seem to be a little beat up. I think they will be OK but just wanted to check to see if there are any choices these days for moly shafts for the FF. I think I read about new moly flanges but that must be for something else, as far as I can see the shafts and flanges are all one piece correct?

I plan on putting new studs (ARP?) and pins in the hub for added strength. Is there anything else I can do to make sure things stay together? I know that any axle can break, I just want to do what I can while I have it off and apart.

Thanks everyone!

Someone on here had PP make some FF shafts. Forget who, but I think it was posted in his elocker thread... maybe Fast Eddy? Or Volcano Cruiser?

FWIW I wouldn't worry too much about the flanges being beat up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom