Axle housing bent does it matter? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I was about to put back together when I noticed this looked tweaked a little. I have another axle I can use but would need to be removed from parts rig broke down and cleaned etc. Seemed like there should be enough room for adjustment with knuckle to correct but figured I would get a second (or 3rd) opinion before I move forward. I will prob use another just because but would like to know if this would work.

image-3151880719.jpg

image-1745601912.jpg

image-2349586016.jpg

image-2343261481.jpg
image-3151880719.jpg
image-1745601912.jpg
image-2349586016.jpg
image-2343261481.jpg

If you have another housing, swap. It's already torn down so it wouldn't take too long to strip the other one down and put your current parts on it.

No need to throw a $100+ in a rebuild kit into a crappy housing.

If it's tweaked, bent, out of alignment and you know it, and can see it swap it out if you have one why not? Use the bad one and there's no telling what you might get reassembled. It might steer weird, burn through bearings, or axle seals, etc. You might could adjust it out but why if you have a good replacement? Build it right the first time.
:cheers:

Hi All,

Put a third member into the center section, then see whether you can get the front axle shafts to freely slid into the differential side gears. If the axle housing is tweaked too much, the axle shaft(s) won't be able to seat into the side gear.

Good luck,

Alan

I was about to put back together when I noticed this looked tweaked a little. I have another axle I can use but would need to be removed from parts rig broke down and cleaned etc. Seemed like there should be enough room for adjustment with knuckle to correct but figured I would get a second (or 3rd) opinion before I move forward. I will prob use another just because but would like to know if this would work.

View attachment 752754

View attachment 752755

View attachment 752756

View attachment 752757

Thanks I will just use another. Wheels did spin freely axles sat in diff good but inner seal was leaking. No biggie I will dig into another one next week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom